What are your favorite substitutions?

Options
cmtigger
cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
So, what are your favorite substitutions?

One I'm looking for is a replacement for soy sauce. Lower sodium is still really high. Coconut aminos are not bad, but not quite right.

Replies

• marissalohman
    marissalohman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We were going to make stir fry and I read how much sodium was in it. I could've fallen over! It was almost 2x my daily sodium amount in one tablespoon! I'm interested in a replacement too!
  • Baggavond
    Baggavond Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love tortilla chips and was so happy to find there are salt free corn tortilla chips now available!
    My other weakness is cheese, which can be all over the board with sodium content. Aldis carries several varieties of goat cheese that is spreadable and low in sodium. My Fav is the Honey cheese.
  • susankimball84
    susankimball84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I miss cheese too.I am looking for recipes
  • skinimini19
    skinimini19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a big one for me. I LOVE cheese.... I am happy someone posted that salt free corn tortilla chips are available!
  • Baggavond
    Baggavond Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love cheese too. Look around though especially in the specialty cheese cases and you can find very low sodium varieties!
  • northcoastbeauty
    northcoastbeauty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For snacks I micro wave popcorn kernels. 1/4 cup unpopped is one grain serving and 10mg sodium. It makes enough to share. I like it plain.
  • northcoastbeauty
    northcoastbeauty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We were going to make stir fry and I read how much sodium was in it. I could've fallen over! It was almost 2x my daily sodium amount in one tablespoon! I'm interested in a replacement too!

Try flavored vinegar or flavored oil oils. We have a local shop that produces them I'll see if they have an online store. In person you can go around and sample as many as you'd like.
  • jmkelm50
    jmkelm50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Where can I find the salt free corn tortilla chips? What brand are they?
  • jmkelm50
    jmkelm50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ua7loa7w16li.jpg