Too much going on at once

Options
leanne0605
leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
Here goes...

Last Tuesday I increased by calories to around 1900. By Saturday, I was down 1.8. Sunday was my lazy day so I only ate in the 1600 calorie range. However, I did do some light upper body weight training. Monday morning I'm up a 1lb. On Monday I also started T-25. It's been a struggle to eat more the last few days and my sodium intake had been ridiculous. So here I am today, back at my original weight. I should also add that I'm PMS'ing this week. Prior to T25 my workouts consisted of HIIT and strength training.

I feel like there have been too many changes for me to pinpoint what is going on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I want to say that I find it interesting that it's difficult for me to eat more when I have the ability to but when I couldn't I always wanted more.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head.,.. you have changed too many things all at once, so it is impossible to nail down the problem.

First, its difficult for many people to eat more, because we have been programmed for so long so subside on so little. So our metabolism have gone down so low, its hard to imagine giving it more food.. But that is what you must do. Its a slow progress, a lot of people just add in 100 or so extra cals a week until they reach their maintenance level. Its ok and natural to feel stuffed as you increase your cals. The body isnt used to the extra yet, so it will feel bloated and full.. keep going though.. within a few days you will get the hunger pangs:)

I would suggest putting the scale away for a bit, while you increase cals. The scale will likely jump around a lot as you work out your cal intake, plus the change in workout program.. so it won't do you any good staring at it as it goes up and down. Our first reaction is to find a way to change that number, and thats starts your whole jumping around process all over again.

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Also ..... 1 week time span.

Waaaayyyy too short.

As a woman whose BMR literally changes through the month - you can't even begin to discern something is really going on shorter than a month's time span, merely looking at weight as only factor.