February 10-11

Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
Sorry I was MIA. I posted on my wall, but basically I first got a cold. That turned into a nasty sinus infection that caused my face to swell, my eyes to swell, my ears to plug completely, and my whole body to lose energy. Finally got antibiotics and felt significantly better only to head off to Florida for a week for a conference. It was an amazing conference, a quiet time to myself to rest and recover, and didn't have internet that worked very well so I didn't post. Caught something on the plane ride back that has had a very nasty cough that lasts for weeks.
So basically, I'm not still working out at the moment because my lungs are filled with crap. But I'm actually looking forward to it, so maybe it's an "absence makes the heart grow fonder" situation. In the meantime I'm working on better stress management skills, getting plenty of sleep, eating right, and getting our house running smoothly. Which all take up enough time anyway.

I found some races I want to train for next year. The ones here in Phoenix are in the fall which means the heaviest part of my training would be during the summer which is way too hot. I found some within a two day drive of here that are in the spring so I could start training in August and train through all the gorgeous months here in the desert. So I'm hoping in a year to do another half ironman and this time get my time down to 7 hours. If I get my time down, then I'll move on to training for a full ironman.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone!