Anyone else feel less lean?

Options
Morty90210
Morty90210 Posts: 37 Member
I want to lean out but I feel like I'm not. I've been eating like this for 2 weeks and expect more changes. My stomach isn't as firm and seems softer then when I was eating higher protein and lower fats. I workout everyday and do weights and what not. Maybe my body is burning the fat I eat instead of my stored body fat which is what I want.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Morty90210 wrote: »
    I want to lean out but I feel like I'm not. I've been eating like this for 2 weeks and expect more changes. My stomach isn't as firm and seems softer then when I was eating higher protein and lower fats. I workout everyday and do weights and what not. Maybe my body is burning the fat I eat instead of my stored body fat which is what I want.

That's how it works. The more fat you put in, the more is being oxidized from diet, as opposed to stored fat. It's the main reason my cuts are ketogenic, but based almost entirely on protein. Keto isn't a goal when I do them, but that's how the body works. Any strong deficit in the absence of carbs will result in nutritional ketosis, whether it's 70/30 f/p or 10/90.

The higher pro just lets me cut a deeper deficit with less risk of catabolism. Admittedly, it's a lot more expensive than typical keto.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Right there. Also two weeks isn't really enough time to see any changes pos or neg. I'd give it more time. And as implied but not directly said above if you adding goo gobs of dietary fat, that's not necessary. Fat to satiety, but make sure carb maxes and protein mins are nailed!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Plus, you'll likely burn any fat around organs and such first which may make things seems less firm. But that's fat you don't want.