Frozen Crock Pot Meals

Options
greycee67
greycee67 Posts: 12 Member
I have been thinking of freezing bags to pop in the crock pot. I don't like heavy or hot spices.. . I was just going to cube up some meat add random vegetables.. but cant figure out what seasoning to add or how much.I came across a recipe for paleo Worcestershire sauce... Does anyone have any good recipes for just a generic seasoning to add?

Replies

• CaveBrain
    CaveBrain Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the meat/veggie combo. Sometimes I'll add Italian seasoning for slow cooked meatballs, molasses, garlic and onion with beef, truffle salt and apples with pork. Luckily the crock pot allows the flavors to really permeate, so you really don't need a whole lot of seasoning. It's fun to experiment and throw in flavors that wouldn't normally work in a stovetop dish.
  • dawndm88
    dawndm88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love to add a few garlic cloves, fresh ginger and onions as "seasoning." Beef broth and coconut aminos are good additions too.

Amazon.com has quit a few Paleo slow cooker cookbooks. Some of the kindle versions are pretty cheap and you don't need a Kindle to get them.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I use Italian seasoning blend (just herbs) or herbes de Provence in *just* about everything. They're pretty versatile, and you can pick them up at just about every store around.

**ETA: that's for beef/chicken though. For pork, I tend to only do a whole butt in the crockpot, with some Eastern NC style vinegar based BBQ sauce and dry rub.