Sugar Cravings

Options
beccahun1
beccahun1 Posts: 44 Member
I'm trying my best to keep my sugar/chocolate cravings in check. I am of the unfortunate ones who have this all month long, not just during the worst week...

Seems whatever I try just doesn't cut it, but some things help for a while.

So, I'm on the hunt for new tips & tricks to add into my juggling routine!
Do you have anything good?

Replies

• skywardsteffi
    skywardsteffi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to have frozen grapes -they are still sweet and the texture makes them very satisfying!
  • cico48036
    cico48036 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i agree, sometimes the cravings are really strong. I do find most days nuts and seeds keep hunger / reason to cheat at bay. I was doing some research on cravings, but I get all different stuff. mainly food cravings are emotional for me, how about you?
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    this is so hard for me as well! people are always bringing sweets into the break room, and candies as gifts for pretty much ANY holiday ever!!!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Can you plan for something sweet every day when you most crave it? I have to have just one or two bites of something sweet after dinner and have used mostly half of a Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwich or one or two Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They're small, and I keep them in the freezer so I don't go crazy. Find it works and either one of those is plenty. So, I can say to myself at noon if I'm craving something sweet, just calm down you'll have that later.
  • bmar12
    bmar12 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just now re-engaging to lose some weight and plan to include one pc dark chocolate (Dove) daily to quench the sweet craving. It worked before when I lost 30 lbs several years ago. I think the choc. covered banana slices would work also. Gonna try it!
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I made these things last time I was having insistent sugar cravings. Whip the separated-out cream from a can of (full-fat) coconut milk until it's fluffy, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, and just enough powdered sugar to sweeten it. I think I got away with about a tablespoon of sugar. Divided this into 5 or 6 servings in itty bitty bowls. They look ridiculously small, but the flavor was so intense from the coconut and chocolate, and the coconut cream has so much fat and a bit of sweetness itself, that it made it very satisfying and hard for me to eat more than one at a time. I think each was like 110 calories. I kept them in the fridge for those intense cravings; they lasted a long time and worked like a dream
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,934 Member
    Options
    I have a super sweet tooth. What is working for me right now are three Brach's sugar free hard candies for 35 calories once or twice a day.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I used to freeze fresh dates and eat one or two of those if I had a sweet craving. They were super sweet, chewy and delicious, and worked really well. My sweet cravings aren't too bad just now but this would be my go-to trick if I needed it!
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    For my chocolate fix I make hot chocolate by adding baking cocoa and stevia to milk. It's rich and delicious and satisfies my craving while being low calorie.
  • kss5584
    kss5584 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar-holic. Going low sugar was difficult enough. I have a recipe that is the same as Panera's shortbread cookie. I make the dough and using a pizza cutter cut it into 1" squares before I bake. When all these goodies are done I bag them up and put them in the freezer. Then after pacing the kitchen and looking for something that will give me the sweet after-dinner end of the meal signal I get one or two of these smaller bites instead of reaching for something disastrous.
  • kss5584
    kss5584 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also about the office sweets - I tell myself that the treats are not for me, they're not mine. And as long as I remove my attention from the food, I find I don't even miss it. And other tip is I keep a tight reign on the numbers, I know what my numbers are and decide ahead of time what I want to eat later.
  • chrwel02
    chrwel02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ice cream and chocolate. So every night I treat myself to a Healthy Choice Fudge bar. It hits the spot every night! Only 100 calories and no added sugar!
  • hebergman
    hebergman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are great options on Pintrest. I search paleo desserts
  • jamsco1
    jamsco1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My chocolate cravings are RIDICULOUS! I try a piece of Dove chocolate each night or a sugar free chocolate soda. It helps a tiny bit but I could use more tips too.
  • EveKuys
    EveKuys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here. I researched Sugar Cravings when I did a Bodybuilding contest.
    Bitter Greens help change the sweet tooth craving. e.g. Add garnish. Parsley, Rocket, Watercress. If you get desperate, eat the parsley on it's own. As others mentioned, seeds such as Fennel etc It is all about the Bitter taste to change the sweet craving. I had to stick to it, so it does work.
    COCOA or Cocao When really stuck, bakers cocoa is very low in calories as it doesn't have the fat. It is like having dark chocolate. If you have room for hot milk Cocoa or no sugar Cocao.
    Go for it girl. You have got this
  • melanie8135
    melanie8135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sweet treats are my weakness, especially when my son has gone to bed.

I have frozen cakes, chocolates and uncooked cookie dough in single portions and try to allow myself one at a time. by the time they have defrosted I have normally lost interest and they go into my sons school lunch the next day. I do cook the dough first :wink:

or try having a weak hot chocolate if you just cant hold back anymore.
  • kldavies58
    kldavies58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream! One of my favorite sweets is 1/2 cup fat free/no sugar added vanilla ice cream, (I get Great Value at Walmart-70 cal), 1 T cacao and 1 to 2 oz mashed banana for sweetness. I eat this daily and it's only 120 calories! In addition to reducing sweet cravings the cacao helps with reducing blood sugar levels and helps with your mood.