From 225 to 216.6!!!???

Options
OlySteve68
OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
That's what the scale says but I know I didn't lose 8 pounds of fat in a week! I'm sure it's some fat along with some water weight. I've been tracking everything I ate or drank and have been doing cardio at least once a day, sometimes twice a day.

Replies

• Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    First week is always more then slows down a bit. Keep up the logging and exercising!!!
  • JeannetteC2017
    JeannetteC2017 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great start Steve.
    Sure, some is the initial water weight, but not all of it is! :smile:
  • Danielle7535
    Danielle7535 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's nice to see those numbers move down, isn't it??
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's huge! Holy cow! I had to make sure I read that right. And yeah, your body was probably getting rid of some sodium... and along with that water. Just make sure you're not pushing yourself too hard. Rest days are important to keeping your workout sustainable. I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but believe me, I've learned that lesson and it put me out of running for about a year. =) Good luck for the rest of the week!
  • RigSel
    RigSel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't care! It's awesome. If this is the first week crazy loss, that's fine - just understand that there will be a plateau at some point as well. In both cases, Keep going!
  • OlySteve68
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments. Today is "weigh day" and I'm probably not going to like what it has to say after the cheat week I had. I still did my cardio every morning but I had an old army buddy here visiting me for a week and we ate bad food and drank a little beer. I'll work hard this week and get back under 217 if possible without breaking myself! lol
  • OlySteve68
    Options
    Not as bad as I thought. I just weighed in at 217.9
  • JeannetteC2017
    JeannetteC2017 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good job keeping it in check. :)