NSV Non Scale Victories!!!

Options
elize7
elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
Saw a thread like this before and luved reading about all the awesome changes my fitness pals discover along the way, which aren't directly related to loss of poundage. So I'm just going to put this out there...cuz I can't find the original one.
Most recent NSV for me is gaining the confidence to jump in the dating game after an extremely long dry spell. 14 years long. Challenges of dating aside...this confidence comes not only from positive body changes; but also from being able to succeed in this long-haul struggle. And mostly from having a place like this to go to daily, sometimes hourly, and always find support, encouragement, knowledge and kindness.
It matters to me that we are in it together: my fitness pals, groups like this one, and launch pad tools were where I started from and are my go to for the good, the bad and the ugly along the way.
No matter what happens in my days...this is home base for me.
Never alone again.

Replies

• kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    In the past 3 weeks there have been 4 pitstops at the Tim Hortons and 1 at A&W at the request of DD and I was not even tempted once! Even the smell once it was in my vehicle did not cause any cravings (which is huge for A&W... Tim Hortons not so much)!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    I made chocolate-covered strawberries for my kids this weekend and didn't feel even the slightest temptation to have any.

It is amazing how this happens. I can't say that I'm always 100% but it truly is amazing how easy i becomes to say "no".
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!

I recently moved to holes in a leather belt that I've never touched before!
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!

I recently moved to holes in a leather belt that I've never touched before!

YES!!! I just had to adjust my back bra clasp also. And my boobies are manmade so I'm not losing there, lmao. It's that dreaded back fat that is finally going away!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    @andrea4736 "manmade" that's hilarious :D and a first for that description!

Congrats on your "notch" NSV!!!
  • elize7
    Options
    Im about 15 pounds up from my goal weight, and have to say...its not really bothering me that much. I look okay in clothes, not perfect, but okay. Can't believe that I, me, myself, is saying that. Would have been unheard of even a few months ago.
    Other parts of the weight loss journey have become more important than looks and actual scale weight. And its such a demanding-all-encompassing task, that a few pounds mean nothing.
    Now its about getting out there and being real, and finding out "how do i want to live my life out of hiding?"
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats, @elize7 .... That's a lot of positive there, plus some scary, too. Good luck figuring it all out.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Had to retire one of my rings because they were flying off, and can also do up my fitbit using the smallest setting :)
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Had to retire one of my rings because they were flying off, and can also do up my fitbit using the smallest setting :)
    . My rings are doing the same !!!

Started using the smallest hooks on my sports bra. Weird where the fat loss shows up at times !!!

• elize7
    Options
    I'm kind of jumpstarting my plan after a pretty static period of some regain and little activity and no new NSV's. So I just want to revisit a major one that occurs to me. When I started this plan at 300 pounds, I could barely walk 20 steps without gasping...gasping!...for breath.
    Today, having held on to a loss of 126 pounds, I walked 1.5 miles around a beautiful, historical local pond in 30 minutes! And I'll probably go do it again later. That is a victory I am so happy about.