What are you all planning for dinner for Valentines?

Options
Bonny132
Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
I am looking for inspiration, LCHF of course, as I am now cooking tomorrow evening. My mind just went blank...

Replies

• hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It's today here, though I didn't remember so thanks for the heads-up. Probably just bacon and eggs.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Grilled steak for both of us with a baked potato for the better half. Maybe a single drink for each of us.

ETA: I may do a potato-less baked potato -> cheese, butter and sour cream w/o the potato :D
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I am half tempted to do steaks with grilled asparagus and pomegranate Pinot sauce. Apart from the pomegranate it is LCHF friendly and looks really interesting.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My boyfriend is taking me to St. Elmo's steakhouse. I know how they make their meals as I worked at Morton's steakhouse when I was in college. They use a ton of unhealthy fats and sugar to make it outrageously delicious. I'm just gonna ask them to grill my steak without any butter or any additional spices. I'm okay with butter but I don't trust the type of butter they're using. The whole reason we're dining there is because of their shrimp cocktail. That's it for me.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Since most of my carb intake will be tonight and early tomorrow for lifting, I'll probably end up hitting a pound of tilapia and a pound of cauliflower tomorrow night; might add some EVOO if I feel the need. The an ounce or two of pecans/walnuts before bed.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    *shrug* same as normal :) Although I'm cooking tonight, hubby's working a bit late. Normally he cooks. I think we have some steaks.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Same here.....we don't really go overboard for Valentines Day....
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    ill be working late and no babysitter for V-day so we celebrated this weekend. I made steaks on Friday and ribs on Sunday so we are good lol Although I am craving shrimp scampi! I wish I knew how to cook it, I guess I could try but I hate trying something new and it not coming out good lol
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started dating on Valentines Day (it was an accident) and got engaged 2/15 the following year, so this is a special time for us. I think we're having chicken.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    We don't do anything for Valentine's day either. I bought hubby a bag of beef jerky as gift. LOL
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the thread came up. It prompted me to get out the Valentine's Day Card that I THOUGHT I bought. Oops! No card. Off to the store I went. Thanks!
  • erin3011
    erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Grilled ribeye. Herbed Cauliflower rice, and broccoli in a garlic butter sauce.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    We are having sushi and pizza...yum!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Rack of lamb with rosemary burgundy sauce, roasted veggies and creamed spinach. Bought hubs some liquor filled chocolates. I love chocolate, and I love liquor, but I think liqueur chokkie is an abomination so no temptation there ;)
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Homemade burgers in thick lettuce 'bun' with all the trimmings - cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, mayo, tomatoes, cambazola cheese, and ummmm parsley to garnish (good for potassium). Did I say cheese yet? Oh and lots and lots of spicy Kale crisps. And cheese.

Pudding - is full fat greek yoghurt with almond butter and a homemade mini fat bomb on the top.

I upped my calories to maintenance a couple of days ago as I'm at target weight and continue to lose weight (I'm going with it), although I am marathon training and for the first time whilst endurance training, am not permanently starving! Been Keto for 2 months and endurance training for 5 years.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day .... hmmm, that rings a bell. I'm pretty sure I've heard the term used before, although not lately. Full disclosure: I remembered our first and our seventh wedding anniversaries in time to plan something special, completely spacing out on the other 19 until my husband asks if I recall what day it was.

So nothing special around here, especially now since we're in the throes of a bathroom remodel project. DH got leftover Brunswick Stew and I feasted on a bag of mixed nuts. Somehow remodeling one room throws your entire house into chaos and disarray, including the kitchen.
  • lovetwobmommy
    lovetwobmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    chicken alfredo with spiralized zuchinni instead of noodles :-)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Hubby made me Valentine's Bacon. Other than that it's biz as usual.
  • wozy46
    wozy46 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Pan grilled flatiron steak with sauteed baby portobello mushrooms and hwc sauce. Green beans, which I felt no need to eat.