Weekly Post 13.02 - 19.02. 2017

Options
makinica
makinica Posts: 39 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Hello ladies,

It's time for another week. Today I'm fasting, and then again on Thursday.

I bumped my kcals on my NFD, so now I eat around 1600-1700. My TDEE is 1800 so I am always under. Today it will be a lot of water, coffee with splash of milk, and then more water until dinner time. Then - eggs with veggies and cheese!

I have zero issues with fasting, to be frank. What I do have issues with is myself and low patience. I have to keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race. Ie, I was immediately expecting to see 1kg lost (after a week, for non-metrics around 2.2lbs) so when I don't I kinda feel down.

But I workout, so maybe that's it. I took my waist, hips, and tummy measures, and I'll check-in in two weeks.

Oh well. We keep going! Sorry for my rant, felt good to share!

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has never been linear. I totally understand your pain. Working hard to fast and staying diligent with tracking should always lead to a loss, right? Yeah...not always. Weight loss, regardless of the method, is a matter of the turtle beating the hare. I think a misleading idea of fasting is that it results in a quick result. But remember, it's simply a way to produce a caloric deficit without chronic deprivation. The goal is, at the end of the week, to have an decrease in total calories. Fasting twice a week makes that happen.

That said, I was also pretty strict last week and didn't see much of a loss. But this is where I have to remind myself just to stick with it and focus on the day. I'm fasting today and Friday, so hopefully I will be rewarded for my efforts.

Best of luck, friend!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    There is at least one Lad on here. :D
  • Marmitegeoff
    Options
    Usually Fast on Tue, but Valantine's day means beef wellington and all the trimmings, tonight so next fast will be Thursday. PS I am cooking.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    @makinica - Thanks for starting the thread. Guess I disappeared for a few days :D

Weight-loss is not linear for me either. When I was being strict (similar cals as you) I lost well one week followed by 1-2 slow weeks. Partially cycle related. In the week before tom I had larger losses than the week after. Try to keep your eyes on the longterm trend. After a few months you might notice when your good weeks are and when you have to be good just to kepp your weight stabile. And it's super that you are taking measurements! Sometimes the scale doesn't budge but the tape measure does ;) Hang in there!

After my week off I needed a b2b. Went very well. Out tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday thus I will start light on Thursday and plan to fast on Friday. My tummy says I need it :p
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen esp @Marmitegeoff heeheehee.
    My fasts this week were yesterday (Tuesday) and Thursday. Tuesday went well with a small breakfast and lots of water and lots more black coffee lol. Then an omelette for dinner. Today - Wednesday, I have just arrived home from the gym and I'm flipping starving!!!! I'm hoping a protein shake will help with that lol.
    Thursday I've got planned out. It'll e an easy fast though cause I'm doing a double shift. 6am - 10pm. Hardly any time to eat and probably over 28000 steps on my Fitbit.

Have a great day my peeps
  • makinica
    Options
    Thank you, ladies! And a lad :) Your messages were very encouraging.

Wanna hear something funny? This very morning my scale DID show less. Finally!! What a timing. (I use the old scale, no screen or anything, so it doesn't show small changes. Good ol' needle.)

Exactly Flossy, it's the old story once again - slow and steady wins the race. I complained to one of my friends a few days ago and she said: You've built that body for years and you're expecting it to change drastically in a month? Good point. I find comfort in knowing it's the simple math. Sure, it's not as fast as we want it to be, but it's still progress. We keep pushing!

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    A b2b and most of the vacation bloat and weight are gone. My body is such a sponge. 1.8kg down from monday morning's weight. Most of that is water. Going for a Friday fast too. Another 500g and I'm back in business B)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    The last few days have been really unusual and has resulted in me falling off the wagon. Today is a new day. I'm planning on fasting today and possibly Friday, although it will depend on how I feel. Otherwise, I'll do Saturday.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, yup I fell off the wagon too, although what's bigger than a wagon? I'm fasting today and yes it's a new day! All it ever is, is one day at a time. I did however have a lovely meal out with family on the weekend, but I just got sloppy the last 3 days! Today I'm making veg broth stock. For the last 2 weeks I've been freezing my left over veg peelings & pieces I usually discard. I sautéed most of a garlic & the skins first, then dumped in my huge bag of frozen bits covered with cold water and have let this boil & simmer down! This will be made into sim sort of veggie bean soup later, but I'm feeling inspired.... low cal soups keep me in check!

Sounds like everyone is doing quite well this week! And that beef Wellington must have been awesome... earning some major points there marmitegeoff! ;)

I'll try to fast again Friday too, but really focusing on today!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Mama, thanks for the reminder to focus on today and not too far into the future. All of my other weight loss efforts had me looking too far ahead, getting overwhelmed, and then promptly throwing in the towel. It's good to have reminder that focusing on the day, each day, leads to success <3
  • makinica
    Options
    Great inspiration here. One step at the time is what I need to be constantly reminded as well. Focusing on today!

It's my FD, anyone joining?

Also, a question - I just looove coffee on FDs, it keeps me full. Do you do the same?
  • Marmitegeoff
    Options
    And that beef Wellington must have been awesome... earning some major points there marmitegeoff! ;)

It was good but very rich, neither of us could sleep after it indigestion?????

Fast day today, I just could not be bothered with the spinning this morning, Later I went out on my proper bike, and now feel much better and inspired. It was only 10 miles, but it is a start. onward and upward now.

I use vanilla chai to keep me in check, I do allow myself a hot chocolate on FD as a comforter, but mainly the Chai.

Have a good day everyone.

• Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    For the past week I've been over on my calories on all my non-fast days (while sucessful on my fast days) so re-focusing and reining myself back in. Today is a fast-day and I'm looking forward to it, I did not really enjoy overeating for the past week. Hoping the 2 lb. upward move on the scale I saw is just bloat and not a real gain. I'll see what Monday brings when I weigh in again....Have a great day everyone!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Hello, luvelies☺

I did Ok last week was even trending down, then TOM hit. BOOM...1 kg water weight overnight...plus some...ahem...bloat from ice cream consolation...Grrr...I know each glucose molecule binds up to 3-4 water molecules. At least I know the bloat goes away as soon as I get more back on track☺

I love reading about this groups ups and downs in the weekly threads. You're all so ear to the ground about the JOURNEY fat loss is about. Nothing linear about it. A cosy lil corner here <3 It inspires me to be more accepting of my own journey.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well first off, I do not know how to give mjtckwnow a nick name or shorten that! So,......'you'.... you did awesome keeping to your fast days during that time, also just knowing how you yourself felt after being over on your non fast days is a positive in itself! Your body is sending signals! Plus, we all do that... I think it's just part of life. The ebb & flow.... etc at least you've got the good sense to recognize it!! ;)

I'm claiming yesterday as a success. I was over 500. Just a little, but I'm claiming it. I'm going to be mindful of today and not think about tomorrow. The end. B) And yes, one day at a time <3
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Two successful fast days done and dusted!!!!
    Today I'm off for the first day of my new job. I'm exhausted after a double shift yesterday so it'll be an interesting experience lol.
  • Mjtckwnow
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Well first off, I do not know how to give mjtckwnow a nick name or shorten that!

Jane or MJT :)