This...

Options

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lots of low carbers eat veggies lol except by those who choose not to by choice

Edited for spelling
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    No.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Well, most of that looks good. Except the veggie/fibre part. Some people just can't digest them well.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Why force food in yourself if it does not agree with you?
    Personally I eat enough veg, and cannot live without my pickles.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Well, most of that looks good. Except the veggie/fibre part. Some people just can't digest them well.

This. I love veggies and they agree with me...others don't have the same experience, so all the other pics are accurate for them. :)
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Not eating vegetables just because you don't like it or try to lose weight fast is just childish. Who cares if they don't eat vegetables, it's their body and it's their health. It's their own choices to make. No wonder why America will stay as the most overweight and unhealthy populated country on earth forever.
  • Cadori
    Options
    nomorepuke wrote: »
    Not eating vegetables just because you don't like it or try to lose weight fast is just childish. Who cares if they don't eat vegetables, it's their body and it's their health. It's their own choices to make. No wonder why America will stay as the most overweight and unhealthy populated country on earth forever.

No. Some choose to eat zero carb (no vegetables) because it works better with their body and digestive system. Nothing childish about it.
  • nomorepuke
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

No. Some choose to eat zero carb (no vegetables) because it works better with their body and digestive system. Nothing childish about it.

I agree that's not childish at all. I specifically said "not eating vegetables just because you don't like it or trying to lose weight fast is childish"
  • Cadori
    Options

I agree that's not childish at all. I specifically said "not eating vegetables just because you don't like it or trying to lose weight fast is childish"

Yeah, it just threw me because that's not what anyone in here was talking about.
  • nomorepuke
    edited February 2017
    Options

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I used to wish I had my 20-year old metabolism back so that I could eat cake all day, now I'd give anything just to be able to eat some roast potatoes or make some parsnip soup without my blood glucose skyrocketing. Until then, cauliflower remains my best friend. I love me some (low carb) veggies!
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you prefer no veggies fine. Eat your veggies was a bit of a joke. I think the link provides very sound advice for any new low carb folks. It dispells myths for 95% of the population too.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The myth list was pretty good but the picture didn't work well for me. I eat more processed meats and butter than I do green leafy vegetables. LOL

Inserting the word "often" into the list would have made it fit better for me... And not bringing up fibre. Fibre is a bad word for me. It took me decades to finally accept that. Now? My daily fibre intake is under 15g. ;)
  • fatblatta
    Options
    Yea. I just looked at mine. I used to eat less than 5% carbs. I added vegetables and it really helped. Now I average 10 grams of fiber with 2 grams being low and 20 being high. This is 100% from vegetables. It seems to make me feel much better and I keep dropping pounds. Much better than almost no veggies.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options

Thank you.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    fatblatta wrote: »
    If you prefer no veggies fine. Eat your veggies was a bit of a joke. I think the link provides very sound advice for any new low carb folks. It dispells myths for 95% of the population too.

I was just being sarcastic, trying for clever. I usually end up being awkward and ruining it. :D Case in point. Your post was something I had actually read before, and I eat veggies. ;)

Although I don't respect nutrition police who think they have the correct answer for everyone, I'm not childish for being a grown adult who can choose what they want to eat, and if I don't like cauliflower, I won't eat it.
  • fatblatta
    Options
    It's all good.