Bootcamp Workout

Options
Lisidy
Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
I'm checking out Camp Gladiator tonight. It's a 60 minute, outdoor bootcamp style workout. If you don't see me on the boards after today, you'll know it's because this workout killed me.

Seriously though, I'm nervous but excited to try this. I hope it'll be a good fit for me. It seems like they really balance strength training and cardio - both of which I'm in need of. I just hope it really is appropriate for all fitness levels.

What are you all doing to get/keep fit?

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've never done it nor known anyone personally who has. It seems like it could work well for quick weight loss if you're getting married or something.

Most of my exercise is via walking and running. I do some resistance training and bike to work a few days a week too. I've never had a gym membership. But I feel like I'm in the best shape of the past 20 years. I think the important thing is to keep moving throughout day.
  • Lisidy
    Options
    I survived. It was intense and I couldn't do all the moves, but I tried hard and moved the whole time. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but for now I'm proud of me.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've known people who went to Camp Gladiator and they loved it. They didn't continue because of the price but said they learned a lot of good stuff they continue to incorporate into their exercise routines. I didn't do CG but I participated in another group exercise club. I actually liked it, however the time didn't work for me and I thought the cost was a bit high. Anything you can do to exercise and move is the right thing. I'm basically a walker, I work toward my 10K steps per day and that seems to keep my weight steady.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Never been to a boot camp but have heard awesome things. I love spin and mettlebell classes and I train with a trainer...heading out to her at 4:30 am. Love feeling like I am getting it done, great stress reliever and I feel awesome after a good workout!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    A VSGer on my list goes to bootcamp classes several times a week and loves them.

When I'm not injured, I do a workout video in the mornings before work (usually step aerobics), I lift 3 days a week, and "run" 2 days a week.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @chubby_checkers , lol! Love the "run"! That's exactly how I use it. I was telling one of the guys I was dating how I went running in AZ. He asked how far I went, I had to laugh and ask, how far I "ran" or how far I went? I went 5 miles, I "ran" 2.5ish... :smiley:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    @chubby_checkers , lol! Love the "run"! That's exactly how I use it. I was telling one of the guys I was dating how I went running in AZ. He asked how far I went, I had to laugh and ask, how far I "ran" or how far I went? I went 5 miles, I "ran" 2.5ish... :smiley:

Lol @nicolel874 I know what you mean! I say "run" but I really mean I shuffle along just fast enough to not fall off the treadmill.
  • Lisidy
    Options
    I must have used muscles that haven't seen any action in years. I'm two days out from the workout and I'm so stiff and sore. I'm supposed to go back and do it again tomorrow. Here's hoping I can move tomorrow.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @Lisidy People think the day after is bad. Nope. The worst typically is two days after, especially for the larger muscles. Keep pushing water and try using heat for the really sore spots. Heat increases blood flow, which will help reduce the pain. Good luck!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Also icy hot - you'll smell horrible but feel good!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    Also icy hot - you'll smell horrible but feel good!

I actually ditched Icy Hot after I discovered Tiger Balm. Love that stuff!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @garber6th what do you like about tiger balm vs icy hot?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @garber6th what do you like about tiger balm vs icy hot?

Even though the scent is strong, to me it's not as bad. I like the consistency better too. It seems to warm up more subtly to me, but it definitely gets hot.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Will definitely need to try it out!