Work Meals

Options
I'll be honest, I recently started a new job...and I usually rush out the door in the morning, I have been having breakfast lunch and 2 light snacks at work. It has been working pretty well for me, and I have been having stable energy. I am just getting very bored of my food options. I have been eating low sugar oatmeal or yogurt and berries in the morning, a fruit or veggie and hummus for snacks, and prep some sort of veggie chicken pan meal for all week. No variety!!!! Although I feel my waistline is thanking me....My brain is going insane over the repetitive nature of my meals.

Help!!

Replies

• suede313
    suede313 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    did you ever consider making those mason jar meals at night for the next day? if you use Pinterest, there are SO many options. I LOVE them. lots of variations.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    suede313 wrote: »
    did you ever consider making those mason jar meals at night for the next day? if you use Pinterest, there are SO many options. I LOVE them. lots of variations.

I have seen those a lot, will look more into it, thanks!
  • jerushamccabe
    jerushamccabe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have to bring my meals to work with me so I do a lot of meal prepping. You can substitute the chicken for something else like salmon and mix your carbs up (if you are eating any) but I like to do egg white muffins for breakfast and they're super easy to make ahead. I just add veggies, turkey sausage, cheese ect. into a muffin pan and fill with egg whites (you can also use egg whole)- bake at 350 for around 15-20 minutes or until they start turning brown. Pack up and reheat later!

You can also switch up your snacks, this week I have celery and hummus but last week I had popcorn! - low calorie and high in fiber! as long as you don't get the super buttery ones, the Jolly healthy pop is only 100Cal and I think it's tasty.

I just started tracking my calories with this app and I've learned a ton and thst a lot of the time it's really just moderation!

• manders281
    manders281 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Meal prep is definitely key. For breakfast you can make mini frittata cups, or breakfast burritos freeze them and when you are ready throw them in the microwave. Homemade trail mix with berries, or berries and nuts for a snack. Now for dinner/lunch im stuck on that. I eat the same things all the time and even tho Im sick of them I cont to eat them for weight loss.
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Plan for leftovers for lunch from dinner the night/week before. Weigh it out ahead so all you have to do is grab. Wraps using tuna, chicken, leftover meats, etc in a low carb wrap can be made ahead for grabbing. Prepared raw veggies can also be sacked up and ready to grab.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, meal prep is key. Often I will cook or prepare numerous dishes on a Sunday. Then I will put them into meal portions and put them in the freezer. I can then just grab one and heat it up in the microwave. I also always keep salad stuff on hand at work. We have a pretty big fridge, so I can do that. Then I can always mix up a salad any time I want to. I'll take enough salad stuff for the week, and different options of it so I can make whatever salad sounds good that day.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Definitely meal prep. I also take breakfast, lunch and one snack to work so I'll share what works for me :)

First of all, I use these containers and it really does make it easier. I can prep a couple at a time and just grab and go in the morning. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A843NUQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My breakfast is usually a low-sugar greek yogurt or string cheese and fruit. I like to keep it simple and easy since I eat at my desk.

I'm not a huge fan of leftovers so lunch is usually one of the following:
    1) Greek yogurt, fruit, low-sugar granola, raw carrots/peppers
    2) salad with turkey bacon, hard boiled egg, peppers, Italian dressing, and an apple
    3) turkey sandwich with Dave's Killer Bread, raw veggies, and fruit
    4) Trader Joes fried rice (frozen) with a scrambled egg added and an apple
    5) triscuits with cheese/turkey/avocado, raw veggies and fruit
    6) Dave's Killer Bread toasted with avocado, peppers, and salsa on top

I try to portion out a couple on the weekends and a couple more on Wednesday nights. I keep Think Thin bars, roasted pepitas, cashews, and Skinny Pop popcorn at work to snack on.
  • prlgator
    prlgator Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Meal prep defiantly. I hate spending hours in the kitchen so I meal prep twice a week. Once on Sunday and once during the week, for me it is Wenesday. This allows for less time in the kitchen and variety. I am an egg girl in the morning so I do egg in a cup options (occasionally I will do the muffin tin frittata's). I Bake hard boiled eggs. I do what ever healthy left overs for dinner I have for lunch, a salad, a potato or a favorite sandwich like a Reuben with no bread. I always have a few snacks like nuts and fruit. We have a freezer at work so I do frozen strawberries, bananas or kiwi for a sweet treat. Most days it works. If I really crave "Out" food I try and stick with sub shops, places I can get a salad, Panda Express or Pollo Tropical. I can usually keep it pretty healthy with these "out" options.

Interesting bi product, by meal prepping I am not only eating healthier, I also save money and time for other things at lunch like meditation, a quick walk or even 10 minutes on my phone "playing". Makes for a nice decompression moment during a crazy work day.

Hope that helps.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    intermittent fasting so breakfast for me is not a problem. as others say meal prepping is key. i don't do typical prepping though and i only prep for dinner. i will cook garbanzo beans, black eyed peas and short or medium brown rice. i keep a couple of different greens mixes in the fridge. i grilled off last night a couple of pork chops and 3 days worth of burgers. i weigh EVERYTHING onto the plate when i eat. i keep bolthouse yogurt dressing around too. i don't eat the same twice in a month. luckily i can do something similar at work. when i'm finishing my day i can adjust up or down in portion size.