weight is not moving even though i exercise and watch my daily calories intake :(

Options
hey!
i've been exercising 5 time a week for 2 weeks now, and 3-4 time a week before that (not consistently) and i've cut down my calorie intake to 1200 per day on 5 days. i find it hard to maintain it over the weekend but i will not got over 2000 cal (i have a cheat meal one night on the weekend). i would expect the weight to change but the scale is just not moving!!
any one knows why?

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How much do you weigh/what's your height/ are you weighing your food/what kind of exercises are you doing.

Two weeks is a very short amount of time and sometimes there isn't any difference that early on, also I have read that sometimes there is water retention when starting a new exercise regimen that might take time to go away.

I cut down to 1290 and began exercising more but because of how active and healthy I was already eating and the fact that I was already at a small weight it still took 2 months to see a real difference, and it was actually in how my body looked not the scale, fortunately that's what I care about the most so it didn't bother me.

As long as you are eating healthy and working out while watching your intake calorie wise you will eventually see results, unfortunately the less you have to lose the harder it is to lose it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. But I know it's good for me, so I continue with it.
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think two weeks is a pretty short amount of time to see change, especially if you are already relatively fit.
    Have you been taking any other body measurements? I started working out much more regularly over the course of the last year and even though the number on the scale went UP (muscle mass I'm pretty sure), my waist is almost two inches less than this time last year.
  • kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is a short time, give it more 1 or 2 weeks and if you weight is still the same you should change something, your exercises and your diet.
    Seriously, I used to hate when my body was stuck, but now I'm fine with it, but when I reached plateau, I'd do carb cycling for a week or 2 to shock my body (for 1-3 weeks), do more cardio or more strength training or some times I'd workout less, do calorie zig zag (mon: 1510, tue: 1250, wed: 1814, Thu: 1510, Friday: 1360, Sat: 1660, Sun:1510).
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree with the zigzagging of calories. I do it all the time to get me out of a rut.
  • jruck371
    jruck371 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything that you eat? Humans are notorious for underestimating the number of calories we actually consume.
    Vismal has a great post that goes into depth about the concept here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1