Insanity and the Gym...

Options
KingJVNT
KingJVNT Posts: 3 Member
How do y'all incorporate Insanity and Gym workouts?

I have started Insanity like 3x. The biggest reason for not continuing is because I enjoy the act of going to the gym and working out - whether it's group workout, personal training, or solo.

The first time I started, I stopped going to the gym and focused on the program. I was scared to do "too much" so I stopped before going back to my weekly gym routines. (Started to have great results)

Second time, I tried doing both - the program and going to the gym. Sore, but kept pushing. Started to get exhausted after a while, and stopped. (Results are there though)

Third time, I tried to spread the program out. I incorporated running at lease once a week - well, jogging in my case (looking for more Nike Running Club and Map My Run friends FYI) -, gym session twice a week, and Insanity in between. I didn't plan according, so I lost track of the days and the workouts, and eventually stopped. (Didn't really give it a chance to see any results)

Sooooo... my question is, what do y'all suggest? I guess I like doing it ALL, but don't know how. I have a routine gym schedule with my "fit fam"/gym partners, so of course, I'm not leaving them out. Insanity was more for me, just to have something to say "wow, I accomplished the whole thing for myself". I like the "third time", just with more planning, but just wanted y'all feedback.