Keto friends wanted

Options
2»

Replies

• ZhuzhItUp
    ZhuzhItUp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I just started keto too and am going to send friend requests to everyone in this thread. I already screwed up day one a little bit not realizing how many carbs are in tomato soup, but onward and upward.
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have yet to hit the 70%fat/20%protein/5%carbs that my nutritionist recommends. I would love friends and food ideas.
    Good morning. If you need to consume more fats, my personal suggestion is to add the following to your meals:
    • Chia seeds
    • Flax seeds (or flax meal)
    • Butter
    • Olive oil

Depending on which brand you buy, the Chia seeds can be zero net carbs, and 3 to 5g of fat per Tbsp.
    Making a Chia "Pudding" (~ 4 Tbsp) can easily add 12 to 15g of fat per this serving.

Flax seeds, for example, the Gerbs brand, can add 12g of fat per Tbsp, and zero net carbs. I like to add 1 to 2 Tbsp to my protein shakes after workout.

Also, adding a Tbsp of butter, or Tbsp of olive oil when you stir fry, make eggs, etc. can add anywhere from 15 to 30g per serving. Also, zero net carbs.
  • hazel1505
    hazel1505 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My question is how do I send a friend request? and how do I add you.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    hazel1505 wrote: »
    My question is how do I send a friend request? and how do I add you.

If you are on a desktop versus a cellphone (the app), click on a person's pic/avatar. That will take you to another small screen. Click on their name. That will take you to their profile page. Click on "add friend". That will give you an opportunity to add a message and/or just send the request. I THINK! If someone sends you a friend request, you just accept or decline.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am a new LCHF'er and need friends! So add me too.
  • Curvycurly223
    Curvycurly223 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free too add me too
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You can add me but I'm LCHF not Keto so I'm usually between 50-60 grams of carbs a day
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I log daily with an open diary
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    You can add me but I'm LCHF not Keto so I'm usually between 50-60 grams of carbs a day

Thats getting close to Keto! GLTY
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    Options

i'm new to this as well, still working on the kinks of my daily intake. anybody can add me!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me as well! Same for everyone else, just drop a line that you're a keto/LC friend! I'm add a slightly different aspect because I resistance train a lot so I add a few more carbs and more protein than the avg keto-er.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just started today! Need friends as well :)
  • madd0g11
    madd0g11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, always good to have accountability buddies.
  • fossett2000
    fossett2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone- I have been doing Keto about 3 months and lose weight when I don't sabotage myself. I've sent friend requests to everyone above me, any below me are welcome to add me!