Weekly Post 19.02. - 25.02.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Hey Peops,

It's Sunday morning here. Still sitting in the fog at 0°C and waiting for it to lift and let the sun shine. Because I found these at the store yesterday and want to plant a bit of early spring on my balcony ;-)

hkk560oqbuw4.jpg

Had a good week cal, fast and exercise wise. No real weightloss, but I'm close to before vacation weight. Lots to do at work and also lots of nice things to do in the evening. Yesterday I went to an event - cheese fondue with nice people over an open fire in the middle of the forest. Met some great people and had a good time.

Now entering the week before TOM - Sorry guys - which means, I will have to keep my cravings in check. Two fasts are on my plan and I will try and integrate some exercise along the way.

Have a great Sunday and a wonderful week.

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Last week was the longest week in a string of long weeks recently, but all the busyness is done now and the weather is going to be gorgeous, so this week is going to be fabulous! Planning on Monday and Thursday for fasts and there are no holidays to mess up my NFDs.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ah, the promise of a new week!! Last week was just strange...my son got hit by a car while riding his bike. He's totally fine (the bike is not), but it shook me up and my mom is home from the hospital. While it is good news, there's always "stuff" going on with her, and the overall vibe last week was just kind of surreal. So, looking forward...I'm fasting today and Thursday, meditating DAILY, and exercising as many days as possible. Despite a pretty yucky week, I had a couple of minor wins. First, I subbed on Thursday and the class and I had a very lively discussion on the cardiovascular system. I never get any feedback, but the teacher texted me Friday and told me it was a huge hit!! Secondly, I successfully made crepes for the first time. I've been reluctant to try because all I've heard is how tricky and difficult they are. That wasn't the case for me so I'm planning my next crepe-making adventure.

For all you cyclists out there...please be careful and pretend you are wearing camouflage. Even with your best efforts, drivers simply don't see you. Always make eye contact when crossing roads and there is no harm in waiting just as a precaution.
  • erindk1007
    erindk1007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but I've been doing 5:2 for two weeks and have lost 5.5 pounds so far. Today's the beginning of week three and my fifth fast day. I'm thinking about working out in the afternoon, although I haven't done it on a fast day before. Slightly nervous about that. Otherwise, not too hungry so far. The last fast day I felt really foggy the whole time, but I have a lot of energy today.

Just here to support anyone else that's just starting or to get support from those more experienced than me :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @flossyruby1 That's scary! My husband and kids ride all the time and it makes me nervous! Glad your son is ok!
    Today wasn't a perfect fast, but I have made it so far... the evening is still young. So glad this is a short week at school!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Kate, I've always been apprehensive about my son riding. I've mostly been worried about texting drivers. This guy simply didn't look the other way when turning. My son had the right of way, but that didn't matter. He would have hit anyone coming from the other direction. It was a close call and I'm hoping it makes my son a more defensive cyclist, for sure!

I had a successful FD yesterday. I'm planning my next one Thursday and hoping to see my efforts pay off soon. I still seem to vascillate between the same 5 lbs!!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Fasting today plus have a run scheduled for later this afternoon. This will be the 1st time I've gone running on a fast day so this should be interesting :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Ah, the promise of a new week!! Last week was just strange...my son got hit by a car while riding his bike. He's totally fine (the bike is not), but it shook me up and my mom is home from the hospital. While it is good news, there's always "stuff" going on with her, and the overall vibe last week was just kind of surreal. So, looking forward...I'm fasting today and Thursday, meditating DAILY, and exercising as many days as possible. Despite a pretty yucky week, I had a couple of minor wins. First, I subbed on Thursday and the class and I had a very lively discussion on the cardiovascular system. I never get any feedback, but the teacher texted me Friday and told me it was a huge hit!! Secondly, I successfully made crepes for the first time. I've been reluctant to try because all I've heard is how tricky and difficult they are. That wasn't the case for me so I'm planning my next crepe-making adventure.

For all you cyclists out there...please be careful and pretend you are wearing camouflage. Even with your best efforts, drivers simply don't see you. Always make eye contact when crossing roads and there is no harm in waiting just as a precaution.

Scary! Glad he is ok!! My husband is a cyclist and I know the worry.

• Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was and hope to be a cyclist again as it is very good for my health. But every time I go out I see several people on mobiles or texting, There was even a woman who had a cradle for her mobile that held it in her hand so she could drive with the one hand and text with the other. It was scary and I just pulled over and let her get well ahead of me.

All driving mobile users should be banned from driving for life.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I completely agree, Geoff. I'm sure, as an avid cyclist, you've had some close calls. Texting while driving is the WORST and I've pulled over quite a few times when I see the top of someone's head in my rear view mirror more than I see their face. The thing is, if the texting driver were to actually hit and kill someone, it would ruin them for life. Literally ruin. Financially, emotionally, legally. I have no doubt the guy that hit my son, while not seen texting, has been shaken to his core. And for that, I'm grateful because maybe he will change his behavior and pay more attention.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hey Flossy - glad to hear your son is OK. I never realized, how invisible bikers are until I started driving...which is the reason I often wear a yellow-reflecting vest, when biking or horse back riding even during the day. I also tend to turn on my front an back light very early to make myself a bit more visible.

Had a less than perfect fast on Monday. Two normal normal days now ;-) Will be fasting tomorrow and than two dinners out in a row. So I'm going to make tomorrow count!! Generally doing better than I was though. Not eating as much of the high cal stuff and feeling full with less cals. That is helping alot.

Have a great second half of your week!

• Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    One good way to get your children (future drivers) to notice cyclists is to get them to count them when on a long journey. does also help the parents become more observant.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    My fast today went a bit bust this morning...an apprentice brought homemade cake for everyone...landed at about 50%- Running with that :p

Dinner at a fancy restaurant tomorrow and snowshoehike with fondue on Saturday....going with the flow. Starting slow cal wise on Friday to save some for the nice dinner.

Hope your fasts were more successful than mine this week :#
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Hey, Flumi, sounds like you had to just go with it. I tend to be pretty rigid and struggle with going with the flow. I applaud your easy-going attitude with your plan this week. I'm fasting today and am planning to nail it. But if I don't, I will channel your healthy perspective and take it in stride <3
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Marmitegeoff I like that type of teaching game! We have cycling lanes on one of our bridges, if you can imagine, reduced car lanes because of it - and coincidentally on the news last night some youngish guy was struck... showed him in wheelchair with shredded face etc!! And he was in a designated lane! Scary!
    What else is scary? The fact that now I'm up to 31" waist!!!!!!! It is all my fault of course... lack of control & thoughts of "that extra large piece of brownie won't do much because I'm skinny!" >:)

Hot tea, hot water, hot tea!!! Repeat! Walk & listen to a podcast! More hot water & spaghetti squash for dinner!!!!! I'm so mad at myself! :s
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    . I have no doubt the guy that hit my son, while not seen texting, has been shaken to his core. And for that, I'm grateful because maybe he will change his behavior and pay more attention.

YES!! I agree .... Im hoping he thinks of your son every time he gets behind the wheel!
  • flumi_f
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Flossy- my weeks vary alot depending on my schedule ( work and social). I do plan fast days and other meals ahead and precook them often. I do my best to maintain...more or less successfully- I feel your pain mamainthekitchen!

Maintenance is work but I still want to enjoy the spontaneous moments in life. It's a question of a good balance...still working on that though :p
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Wowee what a week everyone has had!!
    I haven't been able to fast at all. I've just started as a nurse at a new facility. So this is actually my first nurse job and I'm like a scared bunny. So I'm holding off fasting just while I find my feet

I'm sorry about your son @flossyruby1
    I love seeing all the cyclists around and it's awful to hear about when they get hit. Sending well wishes his way.

Everyone else seems to be doing well
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Karen congrats on the Nursing job - my daughter is a new nurse too!

I had a really great walk today! And super successful fast day coming in at 448 cals! BAM! :p Anniversary on sat, out for dinner, but ill fast all during the day to not go overboard! Have a great weekend everyone!