Initial stats and goals... let's do this!

Sinni14
Sinni14 Posts: 4 Member
Well, it's time to start this fitness and nutrition kick!! I wanted to make myself accountable, so thought I would list my initial stats and goals here... so here we go!

- 36yo Aussie male
- 97.1kg (214 lb)
- 108cm waist (42.5 inches)

It's officially the heaviest I have been in my life, and this *kitten* needs to change!

I've lost weight before, and have had fluctuating weight over the years... so knowing what has worked and not worked in the past, here are some things I am aiming for this time around:

- aiming to lose 500g (1.1lb) a week. I used to try and aim for 1kg (2.2lb) a week, but I find that it's a little unsustainable over multiple weeks, and can be discouraging when you don't make it.
- I'm 97.1kg now, hoping to get down to 80kg (176lb)... so that's going to take about 36 weeks at 500g a week.
- Looking to get back into running. I used to do half marathons at the peak of my fitness, so I'm going to start running 2-3 days a week.
- When I'm not running, just do some basic core exercises like squats, presses etc. to build general fitness.

Well that's the plan. I'll check in every Monday and we'll see how I'm going!

Cheers
Sinni

Replies

• ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    214? Ausie pants must run different than America. I'm way bigger than 214 and I wear 36. And you sound fit to me or at least when you were running.

I'm gonna suggest stars simple and small, you won't change over night for sure. I'd suggest small 5 pound dumbells. Also what do you plan to eat?

Also will probably be changing how we do weigh in since there is so few who do it now. I'll get something together soon and run it by a mod. Until then feel free to post your weigh ins!
  • Sinni14
    Sinni14 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey thanks for the response. I probably should have been clearer with my statement of 'waist'. By waist, I actually mean 'belly'... measured around my stomach at belly button level. I'm about a 36-38 inch 'waist' in pants size... so I see the confusion...

As for eating, it will be a lot of fresh meats and vegetables... I actually suffer from IBS, so the types of foods I can eat is rather restricted. My issue with eating is not so much day to day... it's more when I binge, like on a weekend...
  • Garethsuri
    Garethsuri Posts: 26 Member
    Hey just wanted to say I'll be keeping an eye on the group too. Hopefully I'll have some useful advice to give. No promises though! :')
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Yeah, im gonna make a post on march 1st starting it new and having a place to post in general. Dave was the one that put the every monday goal up. So we will change it just a bit.