Resistant Candida Sufferers?

Options
KnitOrMiss
KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
https://oradix.com/health/candida-mercury

For anyone with candida, or resistant candida, this article seemed really interesting, if kind of extreme. Has anyone used this in their treatments?

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mess with chelation agents unless you've done extensive research. Better yet do it under a doctor's supervision. The best treatment for candida for me is following a candida diet and high doses of magnesium, vitamin c, and zinc. I also take p5p and manganese with zinc since it seems to make it work better.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Interesting!
    Way back in 2001, when I had my first MS attack, my mom took me to an alternative dr who treated MS with some saline IV nonsense that had never been through double-blind placebo-controlled trials. He diagnosed me with intestinal candida, put me on this really strict candida diet for 8 months, and also gave me a TON of supplements. My sweet mom paid well over $1000 for them. I would have been taking over 50 pills a day.
    I couldn't manage that and unfortunately a lot of them went to waste. (I was also living overseas at the time and things were complicated.)
    I did lose a TON of weight on that strict diet, quite quickly, though I ended up gaining most of it back after the 8 months when I went back to eating relatively normally. :P But I think it did clear up the candida and after that I learned how to manage it long term.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Sounds like the doc was ripping you off. You don't need that many pills for candida. I've read most of the books on it and read a fair amount of the websites. The only things essential to getting rid of candida is an anti-fungal and essential nutrients. Zinc actually helps glucose metabolism by converting sugars into ATP(adenosine-tri-phosphate). Without enough zinc, excessive glucose is stored in cells and can become food for yeast. It also deactivates yeast and it has lots of benefits like helping sight, hearing and lowering chances of getting certain types of cancer.
    Vitamin C is anti-fungal in high doses so it helps with candida and it has a ton of benefits.
    Vitamin C and Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) help the adrenal glands which can be in bad shape with candida.

yeastinfection.org/does-zinc-help-with-candida/
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @TheDevastator - I am sorry for the original tone of my message - I sincerely did not mean to imply that anyone explore this information without medical supervision... I tend to focus on things like this as research projects to investigate, then discuss with my doctor, and sometimes I forget to spell that out.

That being said, I really probably should get the zinc assay stuff. I've been supplementing zinc for a bit now, after finding white flecks on my nails (only a couple), which is mostly resolved now. I took a serum blood test 4 days after I started low level supplements, and it showed me smack in the middle of the range, but if that is anything like the other electrolyte and co-factors, they maintain close to strict balance in the blood, and the basic test is all but useless.

I've been struggling with dehydration, progressively worsening, both in lab results and in function, over the last year or more. It is making me crazy. Because of that, I dialed back on my vitamin C supplements, and somewhat on my B's, because in higher doses, they can trigger or worsen dehydration...

Since I am insulin resistant, have PCOS, suffer hypothyroidism, and such, there are so many overlapping symptoms with candida, but I did really well for a while, but I'm struggling again - and I know I can't afford the testing for candida, and I don't want to go off half-cocked for self-treatment or anything. I'm going to dig into your link you posted there, but across the board, I really wish we had more info on what conflicts with what - and if you try something and it worsens something else, something to adjust.

I guess this morning, I'm really just lamenting the fact that there aren't more functional medicine doctors, that they aren't able to be more affordable, that testing to get to the roots of everything isn't accessible, and that I'm just a hotbed of medical chaos...so please forgive the frenetic pace of this response...and any tone of frustration. I promise it isn't directed towards you.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @TheDevastator - I am sorry for the original tone of my message - I sincerely did not mean to imply that anyone explore this information without medical supervision... I tend to focus on things like this as research projects to investigate, then discuss with my doctor, and sometimes I forget to spell that out.

That being said, I really probably should get the zinc assay stuff. I've been supplementing zinc for a bit now, after finding white flecks on my nails (only a couple), which is mostly resolved now. I took a serum blood test 4 days after I started low level supplements, and it showed me smack in the middle of the range, but if that is anything like the other electrolyte and co-factors, they maintain close to strict balance in the blood, and the basic test is all but useless.

I've been struggling with dehydration, progressively worsening, both in lab results and in function, over the last year or more. It is making me crazy. Because of that, I dialed back on my vitamin C supplements, and somewhat on my B's, because in higher doses, they can trigger or worsen dehydration...

Since I am insulin resistant, have PCOS, suffer hypothyroidism, and such, there are so many overlapping symptoms with candida, but I did really well for a while, but I'm struggling again - and I know I can't afford the testing for candida, and I don't want to go off half-cocked for self-treatment or anything. I'm going to dig into your link you posted there, but across the board, I really wish we had more info on what conflicts with what - and if you try something and it worsens something else, something to adjust.

I guess this morning, I'm really just lamenting the fact that there aren't more functional medicine doctors, that they aren't able to be more affordable, that testing to get to the roots of everything isn't accessible, and that I'm just a hotbed of medical chaos...so please forgive the frenetic pace of this response...and any tone of frustration. I promise it isn't directed towards you.

I agree about the B vitamins. If I break some imaginary threshold, which is usually supplementing more than 50% of the RDA, my eyes and mouth let me know I've misstepped.

I feel you so hard about all this. :disappointed: It's like being stuck in a freaking labyrinth in the dark. All you get are the occasional tea-lights to illuminate part of where you are, but you never get to see the whole thing. :heart:
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I share the frustration that functional medicine is hard to come by and not very accessible ($$$). It's really frustrating, but at least you take the time to learn, I admire you so much for the knowledge you acquire on all of your issues. I'm also so thankful that you take time to share your findings with this group.

I've never taken much for candida, I had issues about 5 years ago and I was diagnosed with candida by a naturopath. I haven't had any symptoms for a while, probably due to my low carb diet and I suspect my daily chaga tea also helps as I know it has anti fungal properties. When I was at my worst I used oregano oil a lot but I know that can be hard on some people's stomach's so it's not an option for everyone. Coconut oil is also known to be anti fungal, though I believe you said in a post that you do coconut oil already.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

I also have problems with dehydration although I don't have a lot of the problems you have and don't know the level of dehydration you are talking about. I make my own soups and that usually helps. I boil veggies and drink all the water. I also force myself to drink more water even if it tastes like chlorine (even after it's filtered).
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I didn't use any antifungal drugs, just my normal supplements similar to above mentioned ones and most importantly an anti-Candida diet. I know it sounds weird but I also had 3 weekly colonics with distilled water near the end of the treatment ( registered nurse ). It certainly lessened die-off symptoms. Mine was completely gastrointestinal as I've never had a vaginal yeast infection or even a UTI. Not sure if there might be a difference in how each of those 'kinds' should be effectively dealt with.