Water weight from excess sugar?

Options
Morty90210
Morty90210 Posts: 37 Member
So I ate a ton of sugar and bad stuff the last three days and now my thighs are huge. They are already muscular to begin with but they get even bigger from water weight I am assuming. Is this from extra glycogen being refilled as to why they bulked up? What's the best way to get them back down to normal size?

Replies

• Morty90210
    Morty90210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to exercise as I don't want them to get bigger!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Once you stop eating the junk and do some light exercise, the water should release itself. Anytime you do an intense workout, you will hold in water to repair the muscles. Look into things like "One Set to Fail" to strengthen up without bulking up...
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you have ever watched a bodybuilding documentary they load up on honeybuns and horrible sugar and carb loaded crap before going on stage. It makes them look bigger and increases vascularity but for a short term. It will go away on its own Hulkster :smile:
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    RoosterDJC wrote: »
    If you have ever watched a bodybuilding documentary they load up on honeybuns and horrible sugar and carb loaded crap before going on stage. It makes them look bigger and increases vascularity but for a short term. It will go away on its own Hulkster :smile:

Well said Rooster!

Another thing, unless you're 1) consciously working toward mass in your legs and 2) eating at the caloric surplus required to build said mass you aren't going to see appreciable size gains in your legs.

And a 3rd point just because I don't know when to quit, is that muscular legs are shapely legs and those are the ones everybody wants even though they don's know it. "Tight and toned" is crappy code for muscular and lean. Sorry for my worthless opinion there at the end of sound advice, but it saddens me when anyone, especially ladies, down themselves or their parts because of musculature. You will never be a body builder unless you purposefully work towards that and I mean beyond the kitchen and the gym..wink wink, so lift heavy and wear it like a badge of honor! Sorry for my soap box rant.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm blessed in that I know I'm not built to be thin, and too thin isn't healthy, so that's never been my aspiration. Fit and healthy? Works for me!