Pork sausage every day

Options
TheDevastator
TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
Has anyone on here eaten pork sausage every day on a low carb diet? I've been going really low carbs some days but I worry that eating 7 oz of pork sausage every day will cause heart disease? I thought this was possibly a myth but I worry because they say John Candy died of a heart attack eating 1 lb of bacon every day?

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason you are eating it every day? Get a killer sale and now have a freezer full? :p
  • TheDevastator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's one of my favorite things to eat. I love pork sausage and eggs or bacon and eggs. It's also $1.59 for a 7 oz. package of pork sausage. Last time two times I went to the store I bought 24 boxes.
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there was more behind John Candy's death than just bacon. He was morbidly obese for years and had some other questionable habits as well.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what is in your pork sausage. If it has a lot of unpronounceable ingredients, I'd steer clear. If it's made from just pork and seasonings, you're probably okay.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Thanks. It's preservative free. Ingredients are pork, water, salt, spices, and sugar. About 3 grams of carbs in 7 oz. Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there was more behind John Candy's death than just bacon. He was morbidly obese for years and had some other questionable habits as well.
    Yeah it's funny they decided to go with the pound of bacon a day as the reason for the news story.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's funny they decided to go with the pound of bacon a day as the reason for the news story.

Exactly! Because someone decided that made sense over everything else he was no doubt eating.
    I bet the rest was low fat diet foods like snack wells and granola bars and twizzlers and skittles. ;)
    And beer and cocaine and....