No F-Ups February 2017 Week 4 (2/22-2/28)

Options

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Man, I *kitten* up February pretty good. I guess I like to break rules too much..... :/
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori you and me both
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I was in the gym 3 of the last 4 days, pushed myself even though my ear and throat are still bothering me. Resorted to French toast yesterday after a queasy stomach with muscle cramps. I'm hoping it was just part of whatever bug I have. The only difference diet-wise is I started having coconut oil again last week then had some fresh coconut for lunch on Sat. I really hope that wasn't the cause.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had another really hungry day and ended up eating closer to maintenance calories. I was also stuck at home all day w/a sick kid so I think boredom may have played a role.

Today is off to a great start though. I did C25K Week 6 day 3 this morning (10:41 pace on hills, which I'm really happy with at this point) and have plenty of calories and carbs left for the rest of the day.

I've been having a lot of persistent headaches lately; I think I need to start drinking my "ketoade" every day in case that's part of it.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Man, I *kitten* up February pretty good. I guess I like to break rules too much..... :/

Sorry for the OT but I have seen this term kitten a handful of times in various threads here. What does it mean in the LCHF world?
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Work travel has been nuts, work is nuts, kids are nuts, husband is driving me nuts :wink: so I haven't been as awesome in the last week as I would have liked, however. Overall I'm declaring Feb Challenge a success. I have worked on my mile time, gotten to the gym more, focused on my running form and breathing. I can't get to the gym today but I can tomorrow, and I'll go all out for my last day of Feb and see what my final time is for this challenge.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »

Sorry for the OT but I have seen this term kitten a handful of times in various threads here. What does it mean in the LCHF world?

MFP inserts "kitten" when it perceives a word to be inappropriate. It is usually those "four letter bad words" most choose to not say around children where "kitten" gets inserted.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    MFP inserts "kitten" when it perceives a word to be inappropriate. It is usually those "four letter bad words" most choose to not say around children where "kitten" gets inserted.

LOL ok thank you! That clears it up because each time I have seen it the context was different and I was really hard-pressed to figure it out. It's certainly more subtle than a bunch of asterisks.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Once again the weekend is the bain of my monthly challenge! We went out to dinner with friends on Saturday to a Chinese restaurant and it was near impossible to choose something that doesn't have a carby sauce with it. Other than that and a glass of wine, I did ok. Didn't sleep well all weekend as hubby's cracked rib is still keeping him tossing and turning all night. Kids starting to come down with some sort of cold and I'm getting on a plane Thursday night - fingers crossed that I don't catch it!!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Just checking in at the end. My goal was 30 minutes activity every day. Id say i hit it about 50%.
    Unexpectedly lost about 10 pounds from stress; but, I'll take it!
    For next month I'm shooting for 30 minutes every day again.I'm about 15 pounds from revised goal weight, so I'd like some progress there as well!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Steph_Maks wrote: »

Because we're *kitten* grownups! :unamused:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Yo!
    I'm still here. I've been reading. I'm just surly and in a pissy mood lately so I'm just staying quiet. :tongue:
    Did nothing productive this weekend. Ate too much.

Did a Hero90 workout today...whew. I'll only be doing low-impact tomorrow.
    That's all I'm going to say cuz like I said. Me=pissy.
    I'll get the new challenge up tomorrow.
    Have a good rest of your day.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Goal: Walk 80 miles in February, 3.5 mph or greater.

71.8 miles as of yesterday

4.7 today @ 3.59mph

3.5 miles to go to goal. :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here and would like to join March's challenge. Anything special I need to do?
  • kpk54
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new here and would like to join March's challenge. Anything special I need to do?

Just show up in life with your plan and commitment to move forward. (And check in on the thread which will be posted by March 1). Welcome!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori you and me both

It'll get better, cause we're awesome. ;)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Yo!
    I'm still here. I've been reading. I'm just surly and in a pissy mood lately so I'm just staying quiet. :tongue:
    Did nothing productive this weekend. Ate too much.

Did a Hero90 workout today...whew. I'll only be doing low-impact tomorrow.
    That's all I'm going to say cuz like I said. Me=pissy.
    I'll get the new challenge up tomorrow.
    Have a good rest of your day.

How's about some SuperLoriLove, eh? ;)<3:*
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Big hugs to @baconslave ve. Or bacon. Whichever would make you feel better. ;)

Today went refreshingly well. Running in the a.m. definitely helped (and earned me more calories!). I ate back about half my exercise calories, macros were on point, drank tons of water and 2.5 servings of ketoade. I'm also on track to actually go to bed on time for a change!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    2/27: Weight good. Carbs at top of range due to crazy tea concoction with honey. No collagen. No workout aside from blowing my nose 8001 times, no chores. I've not had a full blown cold in at least a year. Forgot how miserable they are.