Can you smell the carbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    So after reading this thread yesterday, I was in the store with my BF. Walking down the baking aisle to get to the dark chocolate chips, I could definitely smell all the sugar. I laughed and told him about this thread. Apparently it's something he has always been able to smell, since he doesn't eat as much sweets as I used to.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I went to a family lunch, mom's and sister's birthday meal, at the Outback. The carb smells (fries, mac and cheese and their bread) almost had me walking back out the door, I just tried to forget about it. Then they both had carrot cake for dessert, I almost gagged it smelled so sweet and they both thought it was "wonderful". I am a salty person not sweets so no surprise there. I used to love the smell of bread especially, not so much now. They set the bread right in front of me and I didn't even look at it much less want a slice.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I still love "all the smells". I like the supermarkets that "pipe" the bakery air to the front of the store so it encourages people to purchase from the bakery. I love the sweet smell of the cookie aisle. I even still like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette. For a few years I was one of those former smokers who intentionally hovered around the smoking crowd to experience smoking vicariously. Love that smell. The smell in my clothes later, not so much. It's a different smell. :/
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I, too, can smell the sugar in the candy aisle and pastry section of the bakery. I was a big time sugar-fiend in my pre-LCHF days. The smell of sugar does not turn me off though...it's my guilty pleasure. Even if I can't eat it any longer, at least I still get to enjoy the lovely smell of pure sugar in all its various forms! LOL
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

Warning: your old treats will start tasting like rubbish in no time

It all tastes fake now. KitKat? Blech! I'll take super dark, real chocolate please.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Bonny132 wrote: »

Warning: your old treats will start tasting like rubbish in no time

It all tastes fake now. KitKat? Blech! I'll take super dark, real chocolate please.

Yes! 90% chocolate almost tastes fruity to me at this point, it's crazy!