ice cream 101 for fitness folks

Options
mwrfitboss
mwrfitboss Posts: 82 Member
this here is a prime example of my most basic version of protein ice cream made at home.

All you need in unsweet almond milk or cashew milk, a protein powder blend of whey AND casein, ice cubes, a ninja pro blender. Thats it! Beyond this for additional flavor add ins, mix ins, topping, or whatever else you want/need to fit into your nutritional needs I suggest items like: walden farms syrups, dark cocoa powder, cocoa nibs, chopped plain or flavored rice cakes, crushed pretzels, mini marshmallows, plain or flavored cheerios, crushed peanuts.

add the mix ins at the end after allowing the mix to sit for 20 mins in the freezer. i personally let the blade stay in the mixer and eat around it. its a mess to try and remove it beforehand i find. this picture here shows the base ice cream after coming out of freezer (and being mixed in blender) with my favorite cereal to roll the spoon in after dipping it in the ice cream. arrowhead mills puffed millet. it adds a crazy good crunch to the ice cream with just 10g carbs per cup of cereal.

IMG_20170208_152614140_HDR_zpsfnbfjeed.jpg