Introduce yourself

Options
ValleyHooper
ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Hey everyone, Courtney here and I just wanted to welcome you to Hula Hoopers Unite. Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you.

My name is Courtney and I am 36 years old. I started hooping in 2015, but then stopped after awhile. I just recently got back into it. I remember the amazing results I had in just a month of dedicated hooping. I took tape measurements before starting my hoop workout and plan to retake them in another month. At the moment I am hooping for about 30 mins a day. I blast my tunes and get down and have fun. I do not use hula hoop workout videos, I just move around and have fun. I burn over 300 calories every time I hoop ( that's just in 30mins). It doesn't even feel like a workout since you're having so much fun! Torching calories, working your core, engaging multiple muscles, and having an awesome time...... that is what I call a win win!! I use a weighted hoop that I purchased off Amazon. I also purchased an LED hoop off of etsy. I use my lighter hoop for attempting to practice various dance moves. I am not all that great yet lol. You cannot lose when it comes to hooping. Now, let me hear your stories. :)

I <3 hula hooping!!!

Replies

• mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tee, 42 years old and have 2 weighted hulas after I thought I misplaced one and ordered another lol! Very excited to be part of this group! Let's do this....
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    Nice to meet you Tee and welcome! I am so happy to have you here hooping with us.
  • txchics
    txchics Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just ordered on off of Amazon & ready to give it a whirl, lol... it's looks like fun !!
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    txchics wrote: »
    I just ordered on off of Amazon & ready to give it a whirl, lol... it's looks like fun !!

Yay!!! Happy to have you join us. Let me know how it goes. :)
  • 30lbslightergoal
    30lbslightergoal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mandy, 44 and I also have 2 weighted hoops for no other reason than being a shopaholic lol

I am excited to be a part if this challenge and looking forward to a successful month. Took my measurements and ready to drop inches! I remember how much it hurts initially but as the saying goes "no pain no gain"I'll get in 30 minutes a day .. somehow
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Got two weighted hoops and ready to go! I'll take measurements tomorrow but never was consistent cuz the bruising was too much. Guess I gotta stick with it.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Mimi here, 54, brand new to hooping with a 3# hoop - loving it - even the bruises!!
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    The bruises will soon heal and your body will toughen up. I had them on my hips as well when I first started. Welcome to the hooping madness. I hope you have fun!!
  • tambur8
    tambur8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so excited that I found you. I am stuck in a rut and I can not seem to find my mojo....Lol. I bought a weighted hula hoops years ago cause I love hooping. I've used it a few times but it has pretty much Sat in the corner. I am pulling it out
  • dpg2503
    dpg2503 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Paula, 37 mum of 4. Need to lose loads. I have a weighted hoop which has maybe 5 bumps along the inside. I just find it hurts my abs after 5 mins.....
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    dpg2503 wrote: »
    Hi I am Paula, 37 mum of 4. Need to lose loads. I have a weighted hoop which has maybe 5 bumps along the inside. I just find it hurts my abs after 5 mins.....

Those weighted hoops with the ridges inside are not great. Mine is foamed and completely smooth on the inside. You will bruise at first and that is totally normal. I had a nice sized bruise the first few times using my weighted hoop. Your body will toughen up and you will no longer bruise. Starting off I would not hoop more than 10mins with the weighted hoop. Above all else listen to your body, if you are sore than stop. You may want to get a lighter hoop as well.