Need Decision Help ASAP!

Options
Just got word I have a business lunch at Thai restaurant. This is the lunch menu: http://home.riceandnoodlecuisine.com/lunch-special-combo/

I was thinking of either getting a large bowl of Tom Yum Soup, or the basil chicken, no rice or roll.

They don't make substitutions, and you have to order from the lunch menu.

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I would think the basil chicken or one of the curries would be your best bet.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have to say is YUM! But @anglyn1 always has great suggestions for things like this. :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Beef Broccoli seems reasonable to me or those previously mentioned.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Most broccoli beef (a personal favorite) has flour/cornstarch on the meat, and sugar added to the sauce. I had some the other day and was SHOCKED at how sweet the sauce tasted!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    The curries are usually pretty good....just no rice...lol

Basil chicken look relatively good too....At least there are some choice.....

I love a thai chicken curry myself....MMMM....
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Most broccoli beef (a personal favorite) has flour/cornstarch on the meat, and sugar added to the sauce. I had some the other day and was SHOCKED at how sweet the sauce tasted!

Bummer. I guess I'm not "so keto" or have any sensitivities to anything other than "too much" that I think along the lines of a bit of cornstarch or flour as a thickener.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It all looks delish, but basil chicken is my suggestion.

Most eastern curries have sugar in them. However, it is probably not enough to cause an issue if you keep the rest of your eating today on the right track.
  • cr8ivewonder
    cr8ivewonder Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    They were out of the curry chicken, so I ended up with the Tom Yum Soup as a large bowl. Its all I have eaten today, so I am hoping I'll stay on track.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    They were out of the curry chicken, so I ended up with the Tom Yum Soup as a large bowl. Its all I have eaten today, so I am hoping I'll stay on track.

I really don't think one meal or even one day has the power to derail you unless you give it that power. All we can do when given those types of situations is exactly what you did. Make the best possible choice you can and move on! :)
  • erin3011
    erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

I really don't think one meal or even one day has the power to derail you unless you give it that power. All we can do when given those types of situations is exactly what you did. Make the best possible choice you can and move on! :)

This!!