March 2017 Challenge

Options

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OK I am checking out JessicaSmithTV today and I am going to do the basic HIIT. Will report back if I live to tell about it. I have been walking, even if it is only a little, just about every day.

baby steps... baby turtle steps...

eawibjqeb9gb.jpg
  • mxchana
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OK so far I did 13 minutes of the day 1 video and I was ready for a nap. But, I did it - and I didn't even lie down afterward. I am planning to do a little more tonight.

Wondering how to record this in the exercise?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    HIIT should be an option, it is aerobic HIIT. See if it comes in as that, I just count stuff like these videos as part of my steps during the day. Less stress that way :)
  • mxchana
    Options
    no, I looked through the whole list and no HIIT. So maybe just low impact aerobics is the way to go. I don't have a FitBit. Thanks!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    no, I looked through the whole list and no HIIT. So maybe just low impact aerobics is the way to go. I don't have a FitBit. Thanks!

Here is a nice online calories burned calculator, I used this before I got a Fitbit, it is online and if you have android or iphone, the mapmyfitness app does this too. But this is the web site, at least you can get an idea of what you are burning and that can be motivational sometimes, mind you, it can be discouraging at other times. ;)

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/improve/calorie_calculator/

The only HIIT on there seems to be a specific video, so if I were doing this I'd go with the low impact aerobics idea you had. MFP's exercise info is not too accurate, the mapmyfitness seems to do a better job and others who really delve deep in this stuff are the ones who told me about the website.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Thanks, Joell!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    March 11 ...13338 steps
    March 12.... 5255 steps
  • mxchana
    Options
    OK - I made it all the way through Jessica Smith TV HIIT for Beginners! Whew. And, the reward was such a cute surprise at the end - I won't give it away but, it was fun to see.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 13....10,927 step (in-between raindrops) but it felt good to be outside. Today is only in the upper 40's. Maybe I'll done my heavy coat and get out a bit later. Here hoping for a good day!
  • mxchana
    Options
    We got to walk through the snow this morning with the dog - already have about 4 inches or so, and expecting 16 - 20 inches here in Worcester. Here in the middle of Massachusetts we are at a higher elevation compared with Boston ... and we are in a pocket of cold air, so our temperatures are about 10 degrees colder. We are going to get all snow. Personally I love it, and our doggie loves it! We let her off the leash this morning so she could frolic.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Kathy, we are at 71F and sunny skies here. The East coast area is getting the snow we normally get this time of year. March is on track for our driest ever. Mind you we can still get a 2-3 footer before March ends. But so far, except for a cold wind, it has been pretty pleasant here.

So much so that I got my 7 day walking average steps to 11,200. I'm just a few steps shy of getting the 28 day average back to the 10K steps I am trying to reach.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Great job with your walking challenge! Re: our lovely weather, I am grateful we are getting moisture as it has been quite a dry winter. We are still in a drought situation here, so any precipitation is a good thing!

• Ming1951
    Options
    March 14th 9423 steps. Didn't quite make it. And today its again in the 40's.
    mxchana...I lived in NY as a child and later we had aa place in NYS. I loved the snow as it fell and day 1, but later..no thank you. LOL I guess you got a lot from what I'm hearing on the news.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    75F today, I can hardly believe it, I have almost 15k steps for today might make it before midnight :)
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 15th, 11576 steps. I put o n my heavy coat and just said to myself lets get this done and so I did. It did warm up later in the day. Today its still cold but will warm up and 80's by later in the week. I have some stuff to get done this morning so unable to walk until later but I'll get it done.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 16...16,473. steps. This was all just working in yard and a tree taken down and stop grinder, so I've been trying to clean it up some.
    March 17... 10,310 steps. Walking dogs and cleaning house.

Good luck all.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Great step totals.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 18.... 16,904 steps...another great day for me. Where is everyone else? I hope I can continue to do some extra as with that impending surgery I will be stagnated for a bit. LOL
  • Ming1951
    Options
    March 19... 11,820 steps.
    It seems if I get myself out early I do much better with my steps I had a bad eating day though all junk. Back on track for the week!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Ming1951, that is the trick, if you fall down you get back up and continue the Journey. Yea, YOU.