Goals and Rewards

Options
Codilee87
Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
How do you all feel about treating yourself to a reward when you've reached a short term goal? Do you feel that the weight loss (or inches lost/gained) is motivation enough or do you like to have something more tangible to work toward?

This is not my first time trying to lose the weight but I hope it will be the last and I have decided to try a rewards-based system this time around. Here are my short-term goals and corresponding rewards:

5lbs - Hair Cut

15lbs - Supernatural Box set

20lbs - New Phone (I'm still using a Blackberry Curve - I need this one)

30lbs - Nintendo Switch (& BotW)

40lbs - Visit my sister in Vancouver.

I haven't really planned past that point yet, but I'm sure I will lol

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I love having rewards! Right now I'm buying a new pair of leggings for every pound I lose until goal weight (5 more lbs to go), and then my big rewards are:

125 lbs: pedicure (just met it today!)
    120 lbs: Shopping spree
    115 lbs: Hair dyed at the salon

Yay for Nintendo Switch! :)
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea.
    I guess I never thought about it this way, however I am planning a spring break trip with my family so the new improved body will be my reward for all the hard work!
    ;)
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    vnukinga wrote: »
    Interesting idea.
    I guess I never thought about it this way, however I am planning a spring break trip with my family so the new improved body will be my reward for all the hard work!
    ;)

I agree that seeing how much I've improved is a big reward. I'm at a point where I won't lose anymore weight but most likely will gain as I get stronger. I'm not sure how to reward myself from this point forward besides seeing it in the mirror.
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    winejunky143,
    Perhaps new clothes? New dress to show off your figure?
    :)