March chit chat board

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Yay March

February kicked my butt so i am so glad it is march. In February i changed my goals on MFP which increased my calories and protein a little bit and have been logging but i have gained 5 lbs. I am not sure if its just water weight due to the blessed fact that i have a time of the month, which has been wacky for the last 6 months, or if i had too much salt or if im just eating more in hopes to hit my protien goals, either way im not talking to my scale for another week and it better be nice to me next week.

Happy March!!!

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am with you YAY MARCH.

About a 1 lb gain (still Saturday to go to see the damage and TOM coming, which is 2 lb every time). But having a 1st of marking is a help I hope.

This week has been a bit of a write of, hoping to salvage it. If not the gym tonight I'll do some cyling.

Then Friday is a debate. But Saturday marks a new week for me and weigh in arg. And I can go from there. My goal for March is to exercise 4-5 times a week. Whether it be at the gym, at home or combing the zoo.

Happy March. :smiley:
  • T1stime
    T1stime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning group, another reason to loose weight: to be able to sit on the bus ! I have to commute to Downtown Montreal were I work (45 min ride). I like to start early so that I can leave work early. I take the bus at 5:41 AM and I usually have to stand because the few places left are next to people that take A LOT of space (usually men that want to have their family jewels take some air, so they sit with their legs wide opened). As I am too shy for my own good, I stand cussing inside my head while listening to audiobooks -Game of Thrones presently - I am going to keep coming here, learning from all of you so that in a few weeks/months I can graciously sit next to them and have them cradle their family jewels by closing their legs a bit more.

Have a great month :)
  • crochetkeepsmehappy
    crochetkeepsmehappy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    2 nights ago my husband and I went to dinner st Red Lobster with my mother in law. She asked if I've lost weight. ( which I've barely lost anything. Maybe 5 lbs, but I've lost some inches) and my husband perked right up and said yes she has. And looks at me and said "I noticed the other day when I put my arms around you"
    Made me feel good :) however I still hate the scale lol
    I'm debating on whether to try taking Contrave again to help with the weight loss. The last time I took it I lost 30 lbs and I wasn't going to the gym. This time I am so maybe it will work better? I also had a lot of stress last time with my wedding planning and decided I had to stop calorie counting because I looked at is as stressful... sigh. Idk
    Anyways @HLaR79 I also upped my calories. Actually to what MFP recommends. It does make me have to figure out more protein too. Sometimes that's hard for me since I don't eat any meat, just seafood. Hopefully ur body gets used to it and u start losing again. I hate that time of the month.

@violet456 those are great goals!! I try for the gym 4 times a week. Haven't gone since Monday cuz of some family emergencies. But I'm planning on getting back at it today

@T1stime I just got my license 6 months ago. (Way over due since I'm 33 yrs old) but I used to take the bus. And believe me. Just sit down in those seats and make those stupid men close up their leg space. You can do it! But I know what u mean. Been there. You will get stronger! I love audiobooks too!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I weighed in this morning, since i usually do twice a week and was back to my 288 so it must have been some water retention.

But i found a way to crash 6 months of confidence building in 45 seconds.... Go bathing suit shopping. Totally destroyed me as i stood there.... Fat tummy hanging out both leg holes.... And that was the biggest suit that store had. I have a really nice two piece but i need a 1 piece for aquasizes cause my two piece has a mind of its own in the water.... So i in turn had a mini binge session with my fridge. That was yesterday, im not going to feel guilty it wont change anything.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am continuing to lose weight each week. I hope I can keep it up. Had a really bad week where I gained 6 lbs back but got right back on track and lost all 6 the following week. Then last week only lost .6. I was very disappoinyed in myself for not doing better last week foodwise. My choices were not good ones. This week was better but still tons of room for improvement. This coming week should be better...
  • crochetkeepsmehappy
    crochetkeepsmehappy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    24.5 total inches lost on my body!! I'm amazed! Since Jan
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    The thing I find interesting is that I will gain around 3 lbs from Friday to Monday. I will weigh my lightest of the week on Friday morning, and then on Monday morning, I consistently weigh about 3 lbs more, even though I keep to my calorie limit and actually get more sleep during the weekend!

All I can figure is that I usually wear constriction socks during the week, but I don't wear them on the weekend, so perhaps I'm gaining back a bit of water weight?

I use Wednesday or Thursday as my weigh day to try to balance the week out :)
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    I weighed in this morning, since i usually do twice a week and was back to my 288 so it must have been some water retention.

But i found a way to crash 6 months of confidence building in 45 seconds.... Go bathing suit shopping. Totally destroyed me as i stood there.... Fat tummy hanging out both leg holes.... And that was the biggest suit that store had. I have a really nice two piece but i need a 1 piece for aquasizes cause my two piece has a mind of its own in the water.... So i in turn had a mini binge session with my fridge. That was yesterday, im not going to feel guilty it wont change anything.

ah, I'm sorry :( I don't even wear bathing suits as I only have a very rare opportunity to go swimming (or should I say playing in the water as I've never had swimming lessons?) But I did buy one a few years ago; I don't know if I could get into it now, though.

A little comfort doesn't hurt, so nope, I wouldn't feel guilty either. You'll get back on track!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I spent my weekend reminding myself that i am worth it. Despite being sick again, this time with some sore throat crap, where i ran a fever for 14 hours and was almost late for work this morning, i feel good about my choices this weekend.

I am glad i have this group... Its very helpful to be able to be frustrated with people who get it.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I know what you mean! A little understanding goes such a long way! And it's always easier for people to be sympathetic (which is not "enabling" someone in their problems, but acknowledging that it's a difficulty that a person struggles with) when they've walked at least part of the bumpy road you are on. I really hate seeing uplifting, inspiring videos and messages for those of us who are overweight, messages meant to affirm us and remind us that we are part of the human family and deserve to be loved and respected, but then get down to the comments and see troll after troll tearing us down. We all have difficulties, struggles, and things we fail at, and we need support to help us finally achieve victory, not derogatory comments that serve only to tear us apart or stomp us down into the mud because we don't fit within someone's personal idea of "beauty" or "healthy".

Personally, HLaR79, I see a lovely woman in your photo pick, and a brave one :) You'll make it!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Sorry you felt bad trying on suits.
    The new one I just bought, I bought a pair of bicycle type shorts, but made out of swim suit material to go over them.
    My biggest issue with swim suits is that I need them tight over my chest, because I am jumping around doing aquafit, but my chest is so big that often causes gapping at my crotch. So these shorts fixed that right up!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Good Stuff! Keep up the good work!
  • HLaR79
    Options

Oh my goodness i missed this, that is so exciting!!!! I imagine it feels great... :) keep up the good work!!!
  • HLaR79
    Options

Sorry you felt bad trying on suits.
    The new one I just bought, I bought a pair of bicycle type shorts, but made out of swim suit material to go over them.
    My biggest issue with swim suits is that I need them tight over my chest, because I am jumping around doing aquafit, but my chest is so big that often causes gapping at my crotch. So these shorts fixed that right up!

I seen some of those swimming shorts i am going to look at a pair next weekend.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I know what you mean! A little understanding goes such a long way! And it's always easier for people to be sympathetic (which is not "enabling" someone in their problems, but acknowledging that it's a difficulty that a person struggles with) when they've walked at least part of the bumpy road you are on. I really hate seeing uplifting, inspiring videos and messages for those of us who are overweight, messages meant to affirm us and remind us that we are part of the human family and deserve to be loved and respected, but then get down to the comments and see troll after troll tearing us down. We all have difficulties, struggles, and things we fail at, and we need support to help us finally achieve victory, not derogatory comments that serve only to tear us apart or stomp us down into the mud because we don't fit within someone's personal idea of "beauty" or "healthy".

Personally, HLaR79, I see a lovely woman in your photo pick, and a brave one :) You'll make it!

Thanks thats sweet. :)
  • violet456
    Options
    Down a little bit on Saturday despite pending TOM. Did 30 minutes recumbant on Saturday, hasn't done any since, hoping to get off work tonight at a reasonable hour. Monday/Tuesday working full 12's then get the kids to bed and have dinner, it's all ready after 9 and I am tired. Just an excuse though, as I have left for the gym at 9 before, if nothing else, could do something at home. Working myself to go to the gym tonight, if I'm done everything by 9 if any later I will do the cycling at home is my promise today. :D
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Finally went back to the doctor today after 4 days of throat pain that has resulted ina heavy consumption of pain killers and no where near enough food, especially protien. So i have strep throat and hopefully i will recover quickly now that i have some antibiotics!!! Mostly i just want to sleep one full night without waking up in tears....
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just popping in to say sorry I haven't been around as much lately - had some crazy work stuff. Will be back on more regularly next week x
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Finally went back to the doctor today after 4 days of throat pain that has resulted ina heavy consumption of pain killers and no where near enough food, especially protien. So i have strep throat and hopefully i will recover quickly now that i have some antibiotics!!! Mostly i just want to sleep one full night without waking up in tears....

oh, I'm sorry! Strep is awful to have. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
  • violet456
    Options
    HLaR79: Get well Soon