Drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The only thing I drink besides coffee and water is monster low carb energy drink...because I'm a caffeine-aholic.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @RalfLott Ugh...just the mention of Everclear turns my stomach and takes me right back to my sneaky underage drinking days & overdoing it on Everclear on a camping trip. Oh to be young and overindulgent :)

During the week I'm pretty much coffee & water. The occasional crystal light packet. I do love me some LaCroix, though I do feel like it isn't quite as hydrating as plain 'ol water.

When it's party time, it's usually whiskey on the rocks, vodka/seltzer, or my summer favorite...1800 coconut tequila, a lime wedge, and coconut lacroix. Mmm, like a refreshing margarita.
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Chicken broth is a really good drink too. I like the Better than Bouillon brand.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    @RalfLott Ugh...just the mention of Everclear turns my stomach and takes me right back to my sneaky underage drinking days & overdoing it on Everclear on a camping trip. Oh to be young and overindulgent :)

During the week I'm pretty much coffee & water. The occasional crystal light packet. I do love LaCroix, though I do feel like it isn't quite as hydrating as plain ol' water.

When it's party time, it's usually whiskey on the rocks, vodka/seltzer, or my summer favorite...1800 coconut tequila, a lime wedge, and coconut lacroix. Mmm, like a refreshing margarita.

Ah, to be young enough to survive an overindulgent Everclear binge!

Great tips, thx.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Decaff coffee, herbal teas, water or the occasional diet fizzy drink.
  • nikoba
    Options
    I actually have to retract the 1800 coconut tequila. I reached out to 1800 to inquire about the carb count in the coconut flavor...5g of carb for one shot :(

So disappointing...but I'm sure I'll enjoy plain tequila, lime wedge, and coconut seltzer almost as much this summer.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Coffee in the morning, tea at night, plenty of water, sometimes a shot of Mio, sometimes a glass of Arizona green tea zero. I don't drink for medical reasons, so I haven't struggled with cutting it out, but I bet it would be a huge pain in the *kitten* if I drank regularly.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I used to like the lime flavoured vodka, but discovered it had some carbs, and more calories than regular.
    And as an added bonus, they charge more money, but it was 35% alcohol instead of 40...
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I actually have to retract the 1800 coconut tequila. I reached out to 1800 to inquire about the carb count in the coconut flavor...5g of carb for one shot :(

So disappointing...but I'm sure I'll enjoy plain tequila, lime wedge, and coconut seltzer almost as much this summer.

Yeah... :'( you have to avoid all the pre-flavored stuff and stick to the straight & narrow. But what's left is all booze!

(Of course, your own concoction might be just as good... Maybe try a squirt of coconut-flavored Sweet Drops?)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Diet Coke but I recently found Diet Sunkist. Orange soda! It's my favorite at the moment. I haven't had any fruit in almost a year (excluding avocados, the misunderstood ugly duckling). I drink it at night while hubby gets his fix of Reese's Puffs cereal with bits of chocolate chip cookies thrown in there lol
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Zipfizz (comes in 10 different flavors); water with the liquid variety of crystal light flavor enhancers; Cascade Ice brand zero-calorie sparkling waters (they are flavored); Steaz brand zero-calorie iced green tea; Market Spice brand cinnamon orange tea; Mexican hot chocolate (usually as part of a meal for the high fat content); Egg nog (no real alcohol involved here - usually as part of a meal for the high fat content); and last but not least, plain water.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Yes. All of the flavored alcohol has sugar.

Try tequila and club soda with a few limes and a little stevia in a salted glass. It's my sugar free margarita. You can even have it in a bar or restaurant if you take liquid stevia in your purse, which I do.
    I just order it as tequila and club soda (not tonic) in a salted glass with several limes. I repeat not tonic because I'm not kidding half the time I get *kitten* tonic! I've even lied when I had to have them remake it by saying I was diabetic. I figure they won't spit in my glass that way. Lol
  • nikoba
    Options
    Thanks @Sunny_Bunny_
    The things I learn on these forums & the wise folks within.
    I'm definitely a seltzer girl...not just because tonic is carby, but I think it tastes gross.
    I usually just do tequila straight on ice with lime when out...but I'll have to try your trick next time.