Any moms in their 40 in here?

Options
13»

Replies

• llamb4160
    llamb4160 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very frustrated bc my weight hasn't moved for 3 weeks even though I've been good and my husband says he sees a difference. How to stay motivated?
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Llamb4160-try measuring yourself. Oftentimes we are recompositioning vs. losing. Also, sometimes health for healths sake is motivation enough.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    llamb4160 wrote: »
    Very frustrated bc my weight hasn't moved for 3 weeks even though I've been good and my husband says he sees a difference. How to stay motivated?

It's hard when the scales don't move, I'm a bit like that at the moment, but my body is changing. I keep telling myself that this isn't a race and it's a lifestyle change, eating healthy and exercising needs to be my norm. Some days this works, others not so much. How much have you got to lose?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, mom of 3, 22, 20 & 17. They all live at home, go to school and work. I work full-time, M-F 8-5 and I have another job that I do from home. I work out 6 days a week, weightlifting. During the week I workout at 5am, on the weekends whenever I get up.

After nearly 23 years of being a mom I finally found a balance I can live with.
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    llamb4160 wrote: »

I'm a list maker. It's a fault lol. I have started a list on my iphone of all the positive things that have happened since starting MFP so if the scale isn't moving, I have something to reflect back on. I can't look at all the NSV threads when the "woe is me" feeling hits -- but I always have my phone. It contains how my sleep has improved, I gained more clothing (cause I can fit), my kids see me moving, etc....it doesn't STOP the negative thoughts I sometimes have, but it gives me some ammunition.
  • BalletMom22
    BalletMom22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a 39 year old mom to two girls (7 & 10). I do a workout tape at home most days, while my kids are entertaining themselves and I try to get to the gym 4 days a week. I work from home 2 days, and then also go on the weekends while my husband watches the kids.

On weekends I BBQ chicken breast and cut it up and put into a container. I also cook up rice and sweet potato so I can easily make meals. I hard boil eggs and have go-to snacks that I can grab without thinking.

To be honest it took until my youngest was about 4 or 5 before I felt I had the time and energy to take care of myself. My older daughter has so medical issues that make parenting extra exhausting, but now she is older it is much easier.