Lost on what to eat!!!

Options
kriskat46
kriskat46 Posts: 3 Member
Hi! I am a 45 year old mom of 3 girls. I recently had surgery so I've been limited to what I can do for exercise. I just started spinning again and doing pure barre. I used to crossfit and do bootcamp classes. I've done whole 30 and zone diets but nothing is keeping me on track. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stay on track and stay lean? I've given up drinking wine for lent (well just figured it would help!) and was trying a whole 30 diet but it's hard when my kids want to go out for pizza or whatever. I just want to stay healthy and still enjoy my life!!!

Replies

• vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food? Honestly, that's what works for me - to see the numbers and know how much more I'm allowed to have and if I go over then will move some more to burn the additional calories. Now, I have to admit that I have to have a strong motivation to stay on track. For example, we are planning a spring break trip and I know that if I want to feel comfortable in my bikini I have to lose weight and tone up. That's enough motivation for me. What works for you? Somebody suggested (here in the group) that they do rewards for reaching a goal in a weight loss. Perhaps that's something that would work for you?
    Good luck!!!
    :)
  • kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey! Why do you do those Diets? Not trying to be mean, but those fad diets don't work, they just simply make you restrict more.
    There are so many healthy foods, that will help you achieve what you want, you don't need fad diets, those fad diets aren't forever you need to eat in way you can commit not only for 30 days but forever, I think trying to eat healthy is the best, try to pick foods that come from the earth, less processed or artifical foods (more fruits, vegetables, beans, seeds, lean proteins like fish, turkey, chicken)
    If your kids like pizza, why don't you make a homemade healthy version of pizza, instead of buying it, use cauliflower for pizza crust, If you want hamburguers try to make them at home with whole bread spinach, avocado, tomato, the meat. Instead of french fries try sweet potato crsisps or carrot crisps.
    Instead of buying ice cream, make you own ice cream at home using frozen fruit (banana strawberry, blueberry icecream, banana chocolate ice cream, etc) they are so good or you can simply do smoothies too.
    Instead of buying brownies, try to make you own without using flour, just with black beans and chocolate (they have more protein than the ones you buy).

Try to count the calories first but once you know you aware of how you eat you can switch to intuitive eating.

I don't think you should give up wine, try to moderate your consumption, instead of drinking like 3 times a week, try to drink 2 times a month.

Being healthy is fun and easier than those restrictive fad diets.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat twice a week and allocate 2000 extra calories for that purpose. It's all in how you choose to spend your calories. :)