Finally did it!

Options
daniellemm1
daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
Yesterday I ran for a full three miles. It took me 45 minutes but I did it.

I started C25k in April and had not run at all since High School sports 20 years ago and even then I was never a runner. I did not think that I would be able to run when I started but I successfully completed the program which was to run 30 minutes straight. When I graduated I was running less than two miles. I have continued to run the same schedule and gradually have been increasing my time. Last week I was able to run for 45 minutes but still did not hit 3 miles so I told myself that on Sunday I was going to run until I hit the three mile mark. I did it. I am so pumped. I know that I will be able to keep running and will work on increasing my pace, althought I'm not sure how fast my short legs will actually be able to take me :) It is such a great feeling to know that I am a runner!!!!

Thanks to everyone for all of your encouragement and support!!!!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself. It takes a special something to start the program when you don't believe that you can finish and it takes even more to continue to train and progress until you hit your goals.

Did you know that there is little connection between leg length and stride length? That marathoners tend to be on the petite side? And that you are a great runner, no matter where you finish in a race?
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a big accomplishment! You did great! It's all uphill (and it'll feel like it at times) from here and it's so worth it all. You must be walking on air.

(my first 5K took me 50 minutes to accomplish. Your time is fantastic!)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is such a rewarding accomplishment.
  • Madmoo70
    Madmoo70 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well done - motivates me to keep going! :smile:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself. It takes a special something to start the program when you don't believe that you can finish and it takes even more to continue to train and progress until you hit your goals.

Did you know that there is little connection between leg length and stride length? That marathoners tend to be on the petite side? And that you are a great runner, no matter where you finish in a race?

I did not know that about marathoners! Interesting, that means there is hope :) I've read a lot of your posts and you are always so encouraging to everyone. Thanks for that!!!
  • ws8996
    ws8996 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Three miles is impressive but I'm almost more jealous of your ability to run for 45 minutes straight! That is some endurance you've built. Congrats on the success!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I did not know that about marathoners! Interesting, that means there is hope :) I've read a lot of your posts and you are always so encouraging to everyone. Thanks for that!!!

At least the men are. It's easier for smaller people to cool down efficiently.