Shantel's ups and downs

Options
ShantelRae72
ShantelRae72 Posts: 57 Member
So I feel like I've been doing really good at sticking to my diet throughout the work week........ I plan ahead and have a chicken breast a banana and an avocado every night keeps it simple and easy to stay on track.... then comes the weekends....... but when I'm out and about it's easy to stick to but when I'm home on the weekends with my six year old I tend to fall off..... I never do more than two days in a row and that does not happen more than twice a month. Because I work every other Saturday and Mondays are simple for me cuz I'm busy.....I do make sure I'm not gorging anymore on everything I see including chips or anything like that and like I said very low carb very simple all week....... anyone else having this problem on weekends?

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    unstructured time on the weekends is my challenge as well. Drinking lots of water or zero cal beverages, staying busy, having a tsp of coconut oil if it gets really bad, that seems to help. Sundays are my usual 'splurge' day, so that helps.
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    actually it's not really 2 cheat days in a row it's basically like last night had sushi had 2 drinks which I never drink it was just spread out more than one hour
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »
    unstructured time on the weekends is my challenge as well. Drinking lots of water or zero cal beverages, staying busy, having a tsp of coconut oil if it gets really bad, that seems to help. Sundays are my usual 'splurge' day, so that helps.

I never drink anything but water....i will try the coconut oil...thanks
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    If I'm working in the yard on Saturdays, it is easy to not worry about eating and I often forget for most of the day. Different in the winter though when I don't do much outside.
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If I'm working in the yard on Saturdays, it is easy to not worry about eating and I often forget for most of the day. Different in the winter though when I don't do much outside.

Yes when it's nice out... always busy
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    So back on the diet train today and I must say after a huge splurge yesterday I am hungry..... been drinking lots of water..... on the treadmill on and off all day trying to keep busy.. I know I only have an hour and a half left and I can eat my dinner.... I love my weekends but it's so hard on these days when I get preoccupied with food sometimes it's just easier to be in the work week I guess..... some days are just easier than others and this one is tough.... and eating at 4 is the beginning of my window so it will be a long night .... anyway just thought I'd get it out there
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I find it helpful to share here too. All of us are also doing this and can understand that some days are just hard. But I know you can hang in there. You're close now.
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    You can do it! I find it helpful to share here too. All of us are also doing this and can understand that some days are just hard. But I know you can hang in there. You're close now.

Yay I made it.....feel so good that I fought through it...thank you
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I had my splurge day yesterday too and 4:00 today couldn't get here fast enough but we made it YAY!!!
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    I had my splurge day yesterday too and 4:00 today couldn't get here fast enough but we made it YAY!!!

Yes we did....way to go :)
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    Hi sorry it's been awhile since I've been on here. I must say I've had a pretty good week. Well tomorrow I'm trying something new. I have my splurge day planned. I have a crockpot in the fridge ready to be turned on. It is full of celery, mushrooms , beef and onion.... it has a total of 75 grams of carbs in the whole pot and around 3,000 calories (Not that I intend on eating it all). I will eat this throughout the day when hungry. Will also be getting on the treadmill off and on...I want to see if this helps me to control my splurge days and not go crazy as this is all I plan on eating. Has anyone ever done anything like this and how did it work out for you ?
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    I thought maybe the low carbs would keep me in ketosis
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    Oops 45 carbs
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    Hi sorry it's been awhile since I've been on here. I must say I've had a pretty good week. Well tomorrow I'm trying something new. I have my splurge day planned. I have a crockpot in the fridge ready to be turned on. It is full of celery, mushrooms , beef and onion.... it has a total of 75 grams of carbs in the whole pot and around 3,000 calories (Not that I intend on eating it all). I will eat this throughout the day when hungry. Will also be getting on the treadmill off and on...I want to see if this helps me to control my splurge days and not go crazy as this is all I plan on eating. Has anyone ever done anything like this and how did it work out for you ?

Oh yea and green beans is the main ingredient
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound splurg-eriffic to me but if does to you, then have fun! Hope you have a great day.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I've never done a splurge day like that but it sounds like a good plan, please let us know how you did :)
  • ShantelRae72
    Options
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    It doesn't sound splurg-eriffic to me but if does to you, then have fun! Hope you have a great day.

• ShantelRae72
    Options
    Ya didn't work out to well....i had it in late morning though and then dinner. What i wanted for dinner.... so was a much Better..... not so out of control splurge