Weekly Post 05.03. - 11.03.17

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
Hope everyone is doing well!

Had a nice family weekend, celebrated my brother in law's B-Day and a nice run with my sis along the lakeside this morning before enjoying a yummy Sunday breakfast with them.

Now a quiet afternoon before two weeks of mayham beginn...lots going on at work with exams and end of course qualifications for the aprentices. And then I overbooked myself a bit in the evenings. My own fault...just couldn't decide what not to do :# Oh well. Days are longer, thus more energy to go around.

Fasting tomorrow. Might go for a second fast on Tuesday as the rest of the week might not make another on possible. The first part of a course on super foods on Tuesday evening. Interested in what they have to say about chia and co. ;)

Have a great week!

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    After a busy weekend, I'm looking forward to a relaxing week. Wait...I think I have that backwards!!! Fast days will be Tuesday/Friday as I have a private dance lesson planned Thursday. We start rehearsal, at least I do, on April 2, so things will ramp up for me. I got to see Dance Theater of Harlem in Saturday night and they were AMAZING. I'm super motivated to work hard. I'll admit to sort of floundering in class, but with a recital coming up and a chance to take class with a bunch of professionals :#, it's time to take the bull by the horns. After tons of rain this winter, which we desperately needed in dry California, I'm happy to report nicer weather is in the forecast. I'm tired to bring cold all the time and the sun and warmer temps are more uplifting for sure. Best wishes to everyone!!!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Today can be summed up with, "Well that didn't go as planned."
    Fast turned into a low cal day. The rest of the day was sideways by about 9 A.M. Oh well, I am going to call it a win and try to fast again tomorrow.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Today can be summed up with, "Well that didn't go as planned."
    Fast turned into a low cal day. The rest of the day was sideways by about 9 A.M. Oh well, I am going to call it a win and try to fast again tomorrow.

Ditto! Turned into a bit under day with lots of chocolate...fasting today. Full day of work and now off to 2h facial / massage. Dinner won't be until 19h, so I should be OK for today ;)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a fast day and it was a hard one for me, not sure why. I was sluggish and sleepy by mid afternoon and STARVING. So, I took a nap and then woke up and had my 300 calorie dinner which was a chicken chili with sweet potatoes & chickpeas and felt much better. I was able to get a light workout in after that and they went to bed early. I was right at my 500 calorie mark and it was for sure an exercise in determination. I had eaten a gluten-heavy meal the day before (which I usually try to keep to a minimum), so wondering if that was the cause?
  • kdou222
    kdou222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. New here, back to 5:2 after finding some success last spring and then for some reason just letting it go. I find this eating plan to be something I can manage fairly easily and I love not having to count points or calories on my non-fast days, but I do try to focus on eating healthy and in sensible portions (ie not going crazy the day after a fast!). My husband and I are doing it together, planning to fast Tues/Thurs. Next week we will adjust to Mon/Thurs as we have a dinner planned for Tuesday. This is why I love this way of eating, it is easily adjusted to meet life's curveballs. Last time I did 5:2 I lost just about 8 lbs in about 6 weeks, which feels healthy and sustainable. I have about 20 lbs to lose so will just keep plodding away.

I like the idea of focusing on the next fast day rather than looking at the big picture. Too many times we're impatient and lose motivation when we can't see results right away. Focusing on one fast day at a time will keep me in the present and with each successful fast day I'm finding success.

Any ideas on healthy, average 300 cal portion, dinner ideas that I can freeze? I have teenagers, one of whom is a vegetarian, and the idea of trying to cook for all 4 of us is daunting. I'd love to have some meals in the freezer that my hubbie and I can just pull out for our fast day without too much effort.

Glad to be here!
    Kim