Calorie Struggle.

Options
Scorpiotwin
Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
Are there any low carbers/carb restrict people out there who are struggling to eat? Ever since I started this WOE I have trouble with getting in enough calories. Is it OK to not worry about it or should I attempt to take in more calories?

Replies

• jayerde
    jayerde Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how low you are. MFP pops up a warning if you eat less than 1000 calories in a day.
    I am struggling with eating today for some reason. Ate half of my dinner portion and feed the rest to my boyfriend.

Currently snacking on walnuts to get my calories up so I don't starve tomorrow.
  • jodiewest4567
    jodiewest4567 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes me. Some days are harder than others too but i am mindul of it so will just add a sufficient number of raw macadamia nuts or almonds as a snack to boost up the cals.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Are there any low carbers/carb restrict people out there who are struggling to eat? Ever since I started this WOE I have trouble with getting in enough calories. Is it OK to not worry about it or should I attempt to take in more calories?

Nuts are little calories bombs, especially macadamias (20g per whole nut, I believe).

If you're eating enough protein, and you're still in weight-loss mode, you and your body should be just as happy to snack from your onboard pantry as on take-out.

(If you're reducing your food intake, you're also watching your BG and adjusting your insulin as needed, I hope!)

• tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I went through that when I was about a week in. It was hard to make 800 cals daily, but I felt great so I didn't stress about it. I'm 7 weeks in and have found it's evened out for me now.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Sigh....I would like to have this struggle.
  • Be9465
    Be9465 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I posted the same question about 2 to 3 weeks in. Force fed to meet calories for about 2 days, then decided to just eat when hungry. It went away after a couple more weeks.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I will go through phases where I have more-hungry days and less-hungry days. They tend to balance themselves out. (It's been a while since I've had a less-hungry/not-hungry day though but it's been about 15 months since I started keto.)
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    There are days when my caloric intake is around 1,000. Then there are other days when it's 3,000. This is entirely due to how hungry I feel -just like others have said. I've never been hungry at all since starting Keto. I just shoot for the correct ratios. I don't pay too much attention to calories at all. On a semi-side note, I do always take supplements everyday though -(including a multivitamin with "over 415 essential ingredients").I figure that way I'm at least getting some nutrition into my system on the days when I don't eat much.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    A couple table spoons of coconut oil can help. :D