Getting VSG looking for friends

Options
2»

Replies

• kari1dalton
    kari1dalton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm getting the VSG on March 14, I'd love to make more friends who have had it too or are going to :)

I'm getting VSG tomorrow! HW: 272 CW: 208 GW: 140?
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lol. Surgery was Tuesday, 3 days of clear liquids then 2 weeks of full liquids. Idk those are my instructions. On the full liquids they said at least 60 to 70g of protein per day. It's hard.

Like @rpyle111 said, every program is different. And as @clcmfp pointed out, those protein shakes count towards your fluid intake as well. I just remember that fresh out of surgery, my stomach was (naturally) very sensitive. Sugar-free flavor like Mio or another brand was sickeningly sweet to me. Many brands of sugar-free popsicles were overpowering as well. And I remember how hard it was to choke down protein drinks post-op for that first month, so my sympathy is with you. Also noticed right away that the Strawberry flavored ones that I used to chug with no problem just plain gagged me post-op. The only one I can really tolerate is the chocolate one.

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Lol. Surgery was Tuesday, 3 days of clear liquids then 2 weeks of full liquids. Idk those are my instructions. On the full liquids they said at least 60 to 70g of protein per day. It's hard.

Like others have said, try to follow your programs instructions... But, ultimately what you put in your body is up to you. Some days you may get more protein in than others. As long as you're healing and feeling better each day that's what matters.