KETO HELP!

Options
Hello everyone. I have just come across this awesome diet, as a few long distance friends of mine have been doing it for 3 months and have lost significant weight! I am very new to this diet and am trying to read up as much as I can on it. It seems that a significant amount of organizational skills are required...sooo I am not starting it just yet, and am hoping to either next week or in 2 weeks ( I want to make sure that I am educated enough to start the process) Due to being a newbie, I was hoping I could reach out to this wonderful community to help me start this process! Please feel free to share tips, resources, recipes ANYTHING that you feel would help me.

A little background on me. My name is Andrea. I am married and recently moved to WA from MA about 5 months ago. I have been watching my calorie intake since Dec, but have not seen much of a loss. I am 5'7'' 277 pounds (per last months weigh in eeeeeek!). I want to make what ever changes necessary in order to help with weight loss, I notice that when I do well and thrive so does my husband...I am doing this for him as well. My ultimate goal is to get to or below 200 pounds. My short term goal is to lose 30 pounds by my birthday (June).

Thank you in advance for your support, I appreciate it. Add me as a friend if you would like.

Replies

• btroxell08
    btroxell08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to this WOE. Just started at the beginning of February. I have not been strict enough to get very low carbs, but I'm trying to adjust now. There are lots of great resources. I can share more when I have time. YouTube and ruled.me have been awesome. I've sent a friend request. The best advice that I would give is to start simple with a few things to eat that you like and are keto friendly. Set you macros in MFP and watch what you log for a week. Then hit us with your questions! :) You've got this! Work it, because it WORKS!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    btroxell08 wrote: »
    Welcome! I'm new to this WOE. Just started at the beginning of February. I have not been strict enough to get very low carbs, but I'm trying to adjust now. There are lots of great resources. I can share more when I have time. YouTube and ruled.me have been awesome. I've sent a friend request. The best advice that I would give is to start simple with a few things to eat that you like and are keto friendly. Set you macros in MFP and watch what you log for a week. Then hit us with your questions! :) You've got this! Work it, because it WORKS!

Thank you for adding me! what blogs/who do you follow on youtube? I got keto strips today to measure. How long do you limit NC to 20g a day? For how long? When, and how many NC are we adding after this "induction" period?
  • need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have only been following this life menu since March 11.... I love it.. it really works for my body. I have used YouTube to gather as much information on the ketogenic diet as I can. There are a lot of different forms of it to follow. What I found works for my body is to keep my carbs under 20 grams per day. These carbs come from my veggies and some sour cream. My fat intake is high ( real fat from butter and coconut oil and meat) and moderate protein. I drink lots of water and enjoy fatty cuts of meat cooked in butter.
    Good luck.. I hope this life style works for you!
    :)