Recovered from eating disorder, now on other end of spectrum

Options
Hi all, i just needed to post this to have some accountability. About 4 years ago i started using MFP because i had anorexia nervosa ... then i got better but was so used to eating to gain weight that i gained too much weight. I could healthfully lose 10-20lbs now but i can't seem to stop eating after dinner or snacking. I currently live with another family for work so i dont control what's in the house. There's always snack food available and i continually eat between meals and especially allow myself to feel like it's "ok" to eat in the late night. Any tips for stopping craving sweets? Stopping late night snacking? I know what i need to do but i lack the accountability and im too embarassed to ask someone i know.

Replies

• missannabel
    missannabel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Could you give yourself regular times for eating, and try not to stray away from them? Say, no eating after 7pm?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Having three meals a day and a snack in the evening before bed has been my plan. When I stay with it I do ok. I buy small natural unflavoured yogurt and add things like cinnoman or cocoa, ginger for a treat, it keeps me from sugary treats. Some people eat an apple or other fruit, try and see what low cal snacks you could maybe purchase that wouldn't offend the people you live with but still givs you some options. You can do this, don't give up, there are options for you! :)