Frozen Meals?

Options
saralynn9230
saralynn9230 Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
So the weightloss clinic told me today that I should look into getting frozen meals for my weekly meal prep but I've always kind of been under the impression that they aren't all the good for you. Are there any good frozen meals that aren't super processed and are high protein, low fat, low sodium, low carb? I would also appreciate it if they tasted good.

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @saralynn9230 are you post op? That seems odd that they would recommended that. Maybe they were implying that you pre-make meals and freeze leftovers?
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of frozen entrees but I do keep one or two in the freezer for an emergency or I find that I can't eat one more left over. I've tried the Eating Well entrees - http://frozenfresh.eatingwell.com and I thought they were ok. They make at least 2 servings. I've also tried a few WW meals and Healthy Choice. Some days you just need a break from your own cooking and a frozen entree is safer for me than a drive up window.
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Make big recipes and freeze em.... that way you know what's in your food and that it's good for you because you have control over what goes into it
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I eat a few frozen things, but they aren't really meals. I always have some fully cooked and peeled shrimp in the freezer. I can thaw those out in a few minutes with some cool water to have a shrimp cocktail for lunch or dinner. I also keep some fully cooked hamburger patties in the freezer that I can heat and serve in a few minutes. I like to have something in the freezer that I can make fast on those weeknights that I just need things to be easy.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked shrimp. Never could really stand them.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I do what @Lisidy does. I almost always have fully cooked, frozen chicken breasts on hand and some frozen vegetables. I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to cooking, so fast and easy is what I strive for. I also batch cook on weekends in my Instant Pot or slow cooker. I'll cook up a bunch of meat (usually chicken, sometimes pork) and portion in in containers in the fridge. I add some veggies to that and it's a quick grab-and-go lunch or dinner.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I don't eat frozen entrees, but I also do what @chubby_checkers and @Lisidy do. I batch cook, usually meat, chili verde, etc. and I have a lot of small containers and just measure out the food and stack them up in the freezer for when I need them. Also, Costco has frozen chicken breast patties and fish patties that have minimal additives and they are easy to grab and go and are a perfect portion size.