Keto flu- is no joke

Options
2»

Replies

• asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can mix the seaweed in with your cauliflower rice.
  • nayneu
    nayneu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my second time starting LCHF and both times I just get extremely tired at the beginning. The last time I think I was starting to pull out of it but I quit. Going to stick it through this time and see what the other side is like. Hopefully more energy.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I slept 2 extra hours today and I've still been worthless. I'm pretty certain that I get plenty of salt. I went and grabbed some of that potassium salt today as I'm about 98% certain that I'm deficient. Just started with the magnesium supplementation a couple of days ago. Here's hoping I wake up in a day or two.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    I slept 2 extra hours today and I've still been worthless. I'm pretty certain that I get plenty of salt. I went and grabbed some of that potassium salt today as I'm about 98% certain that I'm deficient. Just started with the magnesium supplementation a couple of days ago. Here's hoping I wake up in a day or two.

A quick observation - Potassium often doesn't get picked up in nutrient counts. It's a bother, but try to make sure you tally roughly how much of each elecyrolyte you're consuming. Cronometer.com gives you much more detailed info, from a variety of sources, than MFP.

While sodium is the usual culprit, also be sure to drink plenty of fluids, and don't let your calories slip so low that you feel depleted of energy, especially in the early stages.