Intermittent Fasting (IF)

Options
gwenmf
gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
For anyone interested in knowing more about intermittent fasting, here's a link that offers good information.

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/people/

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/complete-guide-fasting-now-available/

Dr. Fung is a Toronto based nephrologist. He completed medical school and internal medicine at the University of Toronto before finishing his nephrology fellowship at the University of California, Los Angeles at the Cedars-Sinai hospital. He joined Scarborough General Hospital in 2001 where he continues to practice.

He convincingly argues that obesity is a hormonal disorder that can only be conquered by eating in a way that brings hormones into balance.

His book the Obesity Code is very insightful.

Replies

• susankoble
    susankoble Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found about Dr. Fung's book in a Whole30 Facebook post, and read both his books. In addition to the Obesity Code, he also wrote "The Complete Guide to Fasting." So I (who never would have considered fasting before) am actually on day 5 of a 7 day fast. (Oh heaven forbid, all my muscles will just waste away). When I began, I just planned on fasting from dinner one night until lunch the next day, but it was so easy I just continued on. I feel great, and have lots of energy (more than usual).

I was very recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, and don't have an appointment with my doctor until early June. I can hardly wait to see what my blood work shows.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Susankoble...how are you handling your medications while you fast? My first fast started the same way as yours but my longest fast thus far has been 5 days. I have to admit I'm a bit envious. :-)

I have High BP. I haven't taken meds in about a month. I normally take 3 pills daily. My BP today was 127/73...which is awesome!!! I'm excited~!