PAIN !!!!!!

Options
I had Gastric ByPass on Nov.11.2015 and I also had my gallbladder removed at the same time as it was only working 10%. Well a month after surgery I started getting the same pain as I did with the gallbladder. It has only gotten worse and no one seems to know why. It's an unbearable pain under my right breast that goes around my side to my upper back. It hurts so bad I actually get sick. I'm not sure if its from the gallbladder removal or the ByPass that has caused it. Has anyone else experienced this? I honestly hope I'm not alone and someone out there has figured out what it is :-(

Replies

• mothraw
    mothraw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed in April 2010. From July to November I often had a great deal of pain on my right side. I had exams, MRI, and ultrasound with no explanation for the pain except possibly scar tissue. We ruled out pancreatitis. Then it went away. The only advice I have is to follow the prescribed low fat diet.

I hope that you feel better soon!
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i had my gallbladder removed in 2007 and have had "attacks" since then. My doctor told me that stones can still be present and cause pain and that is likely what I am feeling.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor about possible pancreatitis. That sounds an awful lot like what I experienced.