Aerobic exercise

catz789
catz789 Posts: 35 Member
The most effective way to burn stored body fat is to do aerobic exercise. It changes body composition and lowers body fat, over time improving your ability to utilize carbs. It boosts metabolism, burns calories, reduces body fat composition, and is great for stress reduction.

You can do aerobic exercise three to five times a week and can do 45 - 60 minutes each time.

Here are some aerobic exercise examples:
Zumba (my favorite!)
Bicycling or stationary bike
Walking
Jogging
Treadmill, stair-stepper, elliptical machine
Swimming
Dancing
Hiking

Again, my favorite is Zumba class, but I also enjoy Fitness Blender aerobic workouts. Their total body workouts combine aerobic, strength, and flexibility. Hiking is fun too when we are on vacation!

What aerobic activities are your favorites?

Replies

• mnmilnes
    mnmilnes Posts: 32 Member
    Hiking! McCormick's Creek is my fave, and I know the Daiga's really enjoy Brown County. Our community should do an outing to one of these parks when the weather improves! Even Jimmy Nash Park here in town has a nice trail. Who's interested?
  • adamjmilnes
    adamjmilnes Posts: 9 Member
    That sounds great! Our park has way better trails than expected! Also the elevation changes provide an intense workout. Its also very beautiful and right in our backyard.
  • sglasscock2
    sglasscock2 Posts: 5 Member
    I would go on a hike as long as I don't work.
  • mnmilnes
    We would definitely try to schedule it when everyone has the most availability :smile: Wouldn't want anyone missing it. It should definitely be a family event as well. Maybe we can rent a shelter house, have a healthy pitch in lunch, and then take to the trails!
  • mnmilnes
    When do you work Sarah?
  • kindelcollier
    kindelcollier Posts: 8 Member
    We're in! We love to hike. Also the ymca has some really good classes that work your entire body. I try to do M-W-F morning classes interval training with cardo and weights. If anyone ever wants to join me 9:30-10:30
  • dsdaiga
    dsdaiga Posts: 12 Member
    Let's do it!!! Sounds awesome.
  • kindelcollier
    kindelcollier Posts: 8 Member
    Suppose to be nice this coming week I believe!
  • sglasscock2
    sglasscock2 Posts: 5 Member
    I work Sunday thru Tuesday this week, in Louisiana Friday thru Wednesday and then I work Thursday thru Saturday... Not the best od schedules.
  • catz789
    catz789 Posts: 35 Member
    I would love to hike the trails in Jimmy Nash Park with you all! Sarah's schedule is not the same every week, so you may just have to ask her how far she knows in advance, pick a day that works for her and schedule it. Hopefully many can come.
  • mnmilnes
    Great! Adam and I also discovered a new trail just off Observatory Road, next to the Goethe Link Observatory, located within the Fred and Dorothy Meyer Nature Preserve. The Nature Preserve lies on 68 acres, and is characterized by DNR as steep slopes/ridges/valleys. According to reports many Cerulean Warblers (possibly the fastest declining bird species in the Eastern United States) nest on this preserve! Parking is very limited, so carpooling may be necessary if you do not require car seats! Ha! We may even be able to borrow the church van! I will look in to scheduling an outing for both the Jimmy Nash trail, and the Meyer Nature Preserve trail. Nice weather is coming soon!!!!!!