The 2017 Bulking-After-40 Program (Joe's New Routine)

Options
13»

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    I've had decent energy so far with my workouts while doing OMAD, 5 weeks in.

My meal is around 8 or 9 pm and I workout at 5am, 4 to 5 times a week, I sip through my session with some Xtend BCAAs mixed with water

4 out of the 5 workouts are based around barbell compound movements, deadlifts, squats, rows, military press, power cleans, pullups and dips, the 5th workout is kettlebell work, and pullups/dips, sometimes I skip the kettlebell day

I don't think I could do it 20+ hours into the fast, I eat at night and workout early morning so I have decent glycogen levels to blast my skeletal muscle

I cannot lift heavy after 20-hrs of fasting. I will bonk every single time right at the beginning. The brain just says no, not enough glycogen. I can lift fasted in the morning while I still have enough glycogen in me.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @arguablysamson, how is your bulk going now that you're a couple of months into it?

I have dropped back into strict OMAD for the time being. I will resume the bulk probably in about 2 to 4 months.

The nice thing is you have tools and know how to handle it!