Not sore after workout

Options
1MADGIRL
1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
Hello,

I am new to this group and new to strength training.
I have a home gym at home and workout until I don't feel I can do anymore.
The thing is, the next day I never feel sore. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you :)

Replies

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer. I'm convinced that the day after leg day is a type of torture:).. But I have horrible muscle tone to start with....
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong. I feel absolutely exhausted but then no soreness the next day :(
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I agree that feeling pain the next day is not necessarily the sign of a good workout.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I strength train daily (deadlifts, barbell squats & lunges, kettle bells, pull ups etc) and never ever get DOMS anymore. Used to when I first started training and felt like it was the sign of a good workout.... in reality that's not true.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    How heavy are your weights? It might be time to increase. I have less soreness, but I still usually get sore after deadlifts (traditional--inner thigh/hip area, stiff leg--hammies).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Are you making gains in strength?
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I must be doing something wrong. I feel absolutely exhausted but then no soreness the next day :(

Nothing no is wrong. It is a myth that unless you feel sore you haven't done enough. As long as you are being consistent you will see results.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I only started this 3 weeks ago and I am on a beginners full body program so far. In the first week I was really sore after workout and even a day after that. But now I already got used to using my body more. I upped the weights yesterday while training with a beginning migraine. I have a light migraine now, but my muscles are just fine.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    I only started this 3 weeks ago and I am on a beginners full body program so far. In the first week I was really sore after workout and even a day after that. But now I already got used to using my body more. I upped the weights yesterday while training with a beginning migraine. I have a light migraine now, but my muscles are just fine.

Keep going. Your body is adjusting. Be sure to drink water so your headache doesn't get worse.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

Exercise data base. You pick the muscle you want work on. It will give you a large selection to choose from. It will show a video on how to use the equipment and how to engage that muscle.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    skymningen wrote: »

Keep going. Your body is adjusting. Be sure to drink water so your headache doesn't get worse.

I had headaches off and on for years, it wasn't until I started lifting and my trainer said drink more water did they subside. The drs I asked never could say, answer was always stress. Water is key, I agree.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    We don't lift to get sore, we lift to get strong. ;)