Sleeve Newbie Here

Italynette
Italynette Posts: 2 Member
Just had my sleeve surgery on 2/27/17
My preop weight 257
My weight at surgery 245
My weight now 233 (3/13)

SO FAR SO GOOD. :)

Just wanting to share experiences, get advice, encourage and receive motivation and accountability...

Thanks.

:)

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    @Italynette Congrats on the surgery! I had gastric bypass 4/18/16 SW: 239.6, Surgery weight: 203 Current Weight: 151.

My first 2 -3 mos were good though I did have dumping. I bought chewable papaya enzyme which helped but I definitely am still learning tolerances. I do push my limits sometimes. Here are some great sites for recipes, products, advice etc

The World According To Eggface (her ricotta. Ale is a great soft food to try)

Bariatric Foodie - made her taco casserole which was awesome

Bariatric Eating - made her air fryer chicken (I felt it was too salty otherwise was good. I made mine in the oven), vanilla custard and manicotti were all very good. I want to try her General Tso's chicken. LOVE her shakes especially the Cafe Bella and Mexican Chocolate. Caramel Latte is bland to me but I do like her Blueberry Cheesecake flavor as well. I used to take her vitamins but they are pricey and generally her return policy is practically non-existent.

Eat The Bear - amazing shakes with great macros. I work with the owner who is leaving our company at the end of the month to pursue ETB full time. One of the Carolina Panthers endorses him as well so he is getting tons of buzz.

Chike - great shakes and I prefer their coffee based flavors

Click - also great, coffee based shakes

Syntax Nectar - I like the Nectar Sweets line and am dying to try their Latte line as well.

Vitamins - I use Celebrate All In One and Hair Anew. I get both from Amazon

Hope this helps!

• StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Welcome @Italynette! This is a great place to share, get advice and help keep you motivated on the right track! Congratulations on your surgery and keep us updated on your progress!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Welcome! I don't post here often but would love to start posting more. I'm 6.5 months post op and down 94lbs from gastric sleeve. It was the best decision ever!

My biggest advice - premier protein over 3 shots of espresso from Starbucks. Seriously, it's the thing I look forward to the most. I get the feel of a latte and 30grams of protein.

I agree with pretty much everything mentioned above! I was so overwhelmed reading what other people did but I had to figure out what worked for me (and made my doctor happy!). If you want to send a friend request feel free - my diary is open!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    @Italynette welcome. Sleeved 2/13/17. Everyday gets better. It was an easy surgery for me. Transitioning to puree has been the hardest/oddest part for me. Best advice, read posts here. Next best, take your laxative daily. Above all smile a lot you're going to start losing weight.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Welcome! I don't post here often but would love to start posting more. I'm 6.5 months post op and down 94lbs from gastric sleeve. It was the best decision ever!

My biggest advice - premier protein over 3 shots of espresso from Starbucks. Seriously, it's the thing I look forward to the most. I get the feel of a latte and 30grams of protein.

I agree with pretty much everything mentioned above! I was so overwhelmed reading what other people did but I had to figure out what worked for me (and made my doctor happy!). If you want to send a friend request feel free - my diary is open!

what is that like a smoothie? I'm trying to switch up now that i see my skinny lattes have a decent amount of sugar...
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    I heat my premier protein shake and add coffee just like a latte, but with 30 G protein. Just don't boil them.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    I heat my premier protein shake and add coffee just like a latte, but with 30 G protein. Just don't boil them.

I use mine like coffee creamer. I add about 2 tablespoons to each cup of coffee I have. The caramel one is by far my favorite.