New in the group

Options
2»

Replies

• 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the group. I am at maintenance and need to tone up. I walk or do cardio exercises about twice times a week and try to lift weights once a week on my own. I work out with a trainer at the gym twice a week - cardio - and an ab class that uses body weights, machine weights and free weights. I have lost 110 pounds since Jan., 2016.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    110 lbs...Wowsa...What an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    110 lbs...Wowsa...What an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!

Thank you!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    New to the group - Have the last 10ish pounds to lose to get to my ideal goal weight of 135. I am 5'7.5" and currently weigh 146.8. I bounce between 143-146 - just cant seem to break it - will admit that beer and caesers do get in the way on the weekends - I enjoy jogging - like to do 5 km 3 times a week. And I am trying to get into some strengthening. Right now doing the 30 days apps of crunches, squats, push ups, and lunges.

I will be 40 in August, and have a son who is 11 and a daughter who is 9.

The thing I hate the most on me is my stomach - seems to be flabby skin that is disgusting (especially when I do planks)- my plan is once I reach 135 if my stomach hasn't tightened up I am saving for a tummy tuck lol - but my doctor ensures me it will (I think he is crazy lol)

Look forward to friending some of you and following the posts.
  • md1314
    md1314 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am new here also. I am just coming off of my 3rd quad tendon surgery. I am still in physical therapy but have been cleared to start working out on my own. I will likely only be able to do low-impact workouts for the rest of my life but I am still looking to get really fit. I am not afraid of a tough workout. Would love some tips or advice from anyone!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome mdj
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »
    New to the group - Have the last 10ish pounds to lose to get to my ideal goal weight of 135. I am 5'7.5" and currently weigh 146.8. I bounce between 143-146 - just cant seem to break it - will admit that beer and caesers do get in the way on the weekends - I enjoy jogging - like to do 5 km 3 times a week. And I am trying to get into some strengthening. Right now doing the 30 days apps of crunches, squats, push ups, and lunges.

I will be 40 in August, and have a son who is 11 and a daughter who is 9.

The thing I hate the most on me is my stomach - seems to be flabby skin that is disgusting (especially when I do planks)- my plan is once I reach 135 if my stomach hasn't tightened up I am saving for a tummy tuck lol - but my doctor ensures me it will (I think he is crazy lol)

Look forward to friending some of you and following the posts.

Sadly most of us have the dreaded plank hang. Even those that look totally ripped when standing.
  • jackieTR46
    jackieTR46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You don't sound overweight at all, maybe your body is telling you something... Concentrate on being healthy and remember women are meant to have curves, look at Modigliani pictures of women, beautiful, rounded stomachs!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I lost about 35 pounds about 5 years ago and maintained +/- 3 pounds until mid-year last year, and have been slowly creeping up to almost +10 my ideal. I've reversed it and am back down to about +8. Still well within all the "normal" ranges, and still in most of my size 00/0 clothes, but not where I'd like to be. I don't feel like myself. I've all but stopped running/working out completely except for races, and I've cut back to only about 1 per month. My last 3 half-marathons have been PW (Personal Worst) or progressively slower, so both the extra weight and lack of training are showing in the results. I've recently started logging again to try to get back on track, but I'm still struggling to get motivated to really focus on all the things that made me successful in that past! Any help, tips, motivation, or support would be most appreciated.
  • Deadberri
    Deadberri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I've just joined the group because it sounds like a good fit for me. I'm 5'1" and currently at 154lbs. I know that is a bit overweight for my height, but I'm not entirely too heavy. I'm hoping to get down to at least 125lbs or even 130lbs. More importantly I'm wanting to be fit again. When I was younger I had a high metabolism and I was always moving around. In school I was in marching band, worked, and of course was outside a lot. I moved to a new state 6 years ago and the job I started had a lot of stress involved. I always eat when stressed, worried, and bored. Ever since then my stress eating has gotten worse. Last year was the worst of it when I had a desk job that I worked at for 9 hours a day with a boss that could care less and would constantly add more and more stress to the job. So with me not being as active as I once was, the stress, and the junk eating from the convenience store next to us I gained 15lbs. in 4 months.
    I've tried multiple times to diet and/or loose weight always to fail. I gave up because I couldn't see results and I didn't have a fitness buddy essentially. At the beginning of this year I decided I really wanted to loose weight and get healthy. Since the beginning of the year I've already lost 12 lbs. from the food tracking I've been doing with FitnessPal and working out when i can at home. I bought a dumbbell weight set, resistance band, and jumprope for my home. I have a few things that I'm doing that seems to help, but I have trouble with my left wrist. It was injured 10 years ago and never healed. Now it can't support my weight and will occasionally act up. While working out at the middle of last month I accidentally had lifted too much weight with my other wrist and now it's weak. I've cut back working out with the weights hoping it'd heal, but it hasn't.
    The biggest problem areas that I have are my pits, lower abdomen/stomach, and lower pelvic area. My hips and thighs are a little big too, but I can probably fix that with biking and such. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :) I look forward to following the posts on here and gaining inspiration. :)