Newbie!! Need help Understanding?!

Options
So.. Its Day 1 for me!
Im a slim woman, 24 mommy of 2! I weigh 120.
I think ive figured out the calorie counting & eating healthy part.. But what i need help understanding is the Exercise part!! I would say what results i would like to see in myself is a flatter tummy ( i have a medium sized muffin top that pouts over my jeans when i sit) and i have a nice sized butt.. But i want to tone it and make it bigger!! So the part where i need help. How do i lose weight in my tummy and tone it yet gain weight (or muscle or whatever) in my butt and tone that too?? I dont want to lose a lot of weight and then end up loosing my butt at the same time !! Im so confused on what things i should be doing to reach my goals. Please give lots of tips!! Please help!! Thank you!

Replies

• kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert but you sound similar to me except 10 plus years younger.

I have 2 kids under 6 and I my problem area is my muffin top too.. and I also have a nice little bumper on me that I am currently toning and getting bigger (it is currently getting smaller but firmer as I lose fat but will eventually get bigger) I am also small chested B34 so I also do not want to lose too much weight and lose my fat in all the right places.

I have figured out that no matter how many sit ups and crunches and windmills and planks I do it will not get that layer of fat off my belly.. are my muscles getting stronger underneath?.. for sure.

I am currently not watching the scale (as hard as that is) I am keeping my calories low to 1200 5-6 days a week if possible and I am lifting weights and doing cardio. I do tons of butt, chest (to keep them perky) and ab exercises all with weights.. Lots of weights for the bum and legs such as squats and lunges and then doing tons of bum workouts such as fire hydrants and bridges (with weights when possible) that help to really build the muscle.

Since i have started this I have actually gained weight.. creeping up to almost 5 lbs now but I do feel a lot stronger and my bum is starting to look really nice.. the belly in the morning is always flatter but that is where I am noticing my definition the most so I know it is there.. I just have to wait this out until my body is done taking the fat reserves from other areas first since this is where naturally my body loves to store fat.

It is really hard when you cannot do spot training. Or at least I have had no luck with it.. so keep on working hard with weights to the areas you are looking to bulk up such as your bum..

Not sure if I actually gave any advice but more so let you know what is helping me.
  • Summer_Rose12812
    Summer_Rose12812 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is perfect!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your transparency and advice! It really helped alot with me trying to make sense with what i wanted. Im glad im not the only one and you understood what i was trying to say. Thank you! I will definitely try out those exercises. Ive actually beem doing well with my calorie count. Its fun to me actually. And i dont mind gaining weight. I was also trying to figure out if i need to gain weight or lose it? I think im at a good weight. 120.. I guess i just need to tone!! ? Idk lol but again thank you for your response. Goodluck with your goals!!!!