fitbit and myfitnesspal

Options
I need help understanding my information. Yes...I have blond hi-lights!!!! LOL I'm using myfitnesspal and a flex 2 fitbit. Yesterday I logged everything in myfitnesspal...started out with 1,702 calories to use for the day...walked 17,718 steps and burned 2,512 calories (myfitnesspal calculated 822 for exercise)...by the time I had gotten home from work I had 1,605 calories remaining. I have no clue how much of those remaining calories I need to use. I'm trying to lose a little weight... Can anyone help? I watched a YouTube video and the guy said to end up with or close to my starting calories for the day. There was no way I could do that yesterday. :-/

Replies

• winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to input my calories and any workouts that my fitbit doesn't recognize but i pay attention to my calorie budget in my fitbit app to see if I'm over or under budget. My calorie goal is also 1700 but i can never get that many so my fitbit shows I'm under budget usually. I really pay more attention to what my fitbit tells me to do rather than what MFP does.
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to input my calories and any workouts that my fitbit doesn't recognize but i pay attention to my calorie budget in my fitbit app to see if I'm over or under budget. My calorie goal is also 1700 but i can never get that many so my fitbit shows I'm under budget usually. I really pay more attention to what my fitbit tells me to do rather than what MFP does.

I do this too. I use MFP to log my food, get support, etc. But, really I pay attention to my Fitbit as far as calorie deficit goes.
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I actually decided not to use the steps option on MFP. It seemed like it was generating way too many burned calories through exercise. I have decided to only log in to MFP what Fitbit recognizes as the actual workouts, that way I am not going over with eating since I eat back the exercise calories most of the time. (My daily calorie count is set at 1200 and there is no way for me to eat only that and do 500+ burned calories through exercise. Kuddos to those who can but I am certainly not one of them)
    ;)
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I also rely on MFP for food and FitBit for calorie burn. A big factor in this is because FitBit maintains my heart rate so I feel like it's more individualized